• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

would you use any of this tehcniques in real scenarios

A gun is for someone weak and without honor.

Since when are strength and honor mutually exclusive? Are the people who's job it is to protect law and order without strength and honor? Are the weak meant to be subjugated by the strong? Should my 60 year old parents be at the mercy of anyone 20 years old and strong? Should small women be at the mercy of large men? Does honor amount to a pinch of crap when your family is under attack?

You are confusing real world combat for fairness in hierarchical combative sport.

My fists bleed death. -Akuma

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree. That sort of "honor" is for young, strong, rich and powerful people at play. It's completely stupid for most people, and if any of my students advocated that sort've "honor" in a real world situation, I would correct them mercilessly until the "honor" was completely eradicated. If that is "honorable" then I am proud to say that all of the people I train or train with are a bunch of traitorous, honorless, craven, savage backstabbers.

"Anything worth doing is worth doing badly." - Baleia

A gun is for someone weak and without honor.

Since when are strength and honor mutually exclusive? Are the people who's job it is to protect law and order without strength and honor? Are the weak meant to be subjugated by the strong? Should my 60 year old parents be at the mercy of anyone 20 years old and strong? Should small women be at the mercy of large men? Does honor amount to a pinch of crap when your family is under attack?

You are confusing real world combat for fairness in hierarchical combative sport.

I was referring to thugs who carry guns around to scare or rob people. Of course anyone would defend their family with anything they had. Law enforcement, and those without a reasonable way to defend themselves need something like a firearm or pepper spray. Those people all know what category they are in.

I choose not to carry a firearm for many reasons. Mostly, because I am confident in myself and have the means for self defense without excessive violence. Sorry, I should have been more clear in my last post.

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit." -Aristotle

"It's not about who's right, but who's left" -Ed Parker

Criminals are not savory sorts by definition. Whether they use a weapon, their hours of weight lifting, or just their words is completely irrelevant, because the relevant fact is that they are trying to victimize people.

A thug who lifts weights, practices on a heavy bag, and works out before mugging your grandmother is not any more "honorable" than one who takes the "easy way out" and holds her at gunpoint.

"Anything worth doing is worth doing badly." - Baleia

There's an old Saying that "any fool can pull a trigger"; in one sense it's true in another wielding deadly force takes guts, you might not be fully aware of the consequences in the heat of the moment but a firearm has something quite final about it. In the UK there is a gun culture but not so much in the mainstream as other countries. I have been trained a little in anti firearm tactics, but never to use one aggressively. Target shooting is all we can justify here in Wales.

Look to the far mountain and see all.

I like the idea of being able to defend myself with my hands and feet. But, I also know the equalizer a firearm can be. I don't get to train as much as MMA trainees do, or with the kind of contact, or the amount of ground training they have. So, having a gun as an equalizer is not a bad deal.

I have no interest in "dancing" with someone to see who the better man is. I want to go home and be with my family.