would you use any of this tehcniques in real scenarios

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It also depends who is fighting who. I have a friend who can do a high kick out of nowhere. Its like he is standing in front of me, I'm watching him carefully and then bam, I feel pain in my head :D

A style is just a name.

couple of questions for you guys,because i am curious to know

-would you use a head kick in a real scenario?if so how would you do it,because they have a lot of power and i think they could be useful,it seems like a really good technique

Yes I would use a head kick...once my attacker was on his/her knee(s) or bent over...without reservation. If my attacker was standing up...the unknown parameters would be too unfavorable; it's those unknowns.

-what about those another "flashier" kicks,but at the same effective,like back and side kicks?

I don't consider back/side kicks as flash, and in that, I'd use them if they fit the very moment...without reservation. Now, as jump spinning crescent kick...no...I wouldn't use it.

-finally what about low kicks?my sensei taught me this kicks some time ago,but i had learned the technique when i practised muay thai for a short period of time,but yeah they seem effective,dont leave you that open,they seem all around a really good kick,both inside low kicks and low kicks to the tight,so yeah,what about that?would you use it?

Low kicks...every moment before me...without hesitation and without reservation...quite damaging to my attacker...YES!! Low kicks are a staple for most Okinawan styles.

Being confident with your kicks, no matter the height, comes with the territory when one trains effectively and honestly...when kept in its proper content. Nothing wrong with that, imho.

Kick away according to ones abilities.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Sensei Kanazawa on his earlier fights against a stronger opponent, shared that he used a combination of Mae geri to the knee immediately followed by Mawashi geri to the head which knocked him out.

Of course he never practiced mawashi geri jodan in front of him prior to the fight. The surprise element makes a big difference.

So last week we trained a couple of things and my Master said it very well.

We practiced the spinning back kick and the higher ranks also practiced the spinning wheel kick.

Those 2 attacks are kamikaze attacks. "Ça passe ou ça casse" is the saying we use in Québec, which translates to "It passes or it breaks," meaning it either works or backfires. If I throw a spinning wheel kick and connect, guaranteed you're out cold... if I miss, I'm opening myself up to a world of hurt unless I'm super quick to get back in stance.

Same with a spinning back kick. If I get you with it, I'll break a couple of your ribs and you'll be gasping for air, but if I miss, you'll have an easy opening.

Every situation has its technique and if I feel I need to throw a wheel kick, my opponent better pray he's ready for it and dodges.

Shodan - Shaolin Kempo

███████████████▌█

I would, after punching/throwing someone to the ground.

"We did not inherit this earth from our parents.

We are borrowing it from our children."

• 2 weeks later...

I have a large, muscular build, but i am pretty flexible. I would use a head kick if the person was under about 5'9 because my high kick height is about 5'7-5'8. I don't think someone of that stature would attack me since 6'2 200+ lbs.

On someone tall i might kick to the sternum. Never below the belt unless they point a gun at me. Then I'll be angry. A gun is for someone weak and without honor. It should be used for hunting.

I think the key is knowing your limits and being comfortable in your abilities. If you practice something everyday, there is no reason you couldn't do it in a street fight.

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit." -Aristotle

"It's not about who's right, but who's left" -Ed Parker