• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Final Kyu grading approaches!

Well, I'm on the final week before my final Kyu grading! Been through the syllabus a number of times and have trained hard. The only question now is, do I ease off for the week so as not to injur myself before the grading or do I go all out and train like a madman. This grading is a marathon of a sesh!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of all you need to relax, be calm and know that you know enough. Don't talk yourself out of it, have faith in you fitness, your knowledge and your immovable spirit.

Look to the far mountain and see all.

First up, good luck and keep us posted.

Next, I'm all about winding down the week prior to an event. Your last hard session should be 7 days out or so, give or take. After that, it's light review and active rest days. Gradings aren't bad since you're not working at making weight while you're trying to recover.

Relax, do mental review, and light test-specific work.

Good luck!

First up, good luck and keep us posted.

Next, I'm all about winding down the week prior to an event. Your last hard session should be 7 days out or so, give or take. After that, it's light review and active rest days. Gradings aren't bad since you're not working at making weight while you're trying to recover.

Relax, do mental review, and light test-specific work.

Good luck!

Thanks TG

Yep, had the hard sesh today, I really pushed myself to the limit. I'll probably train 3 times this week but my Sensei tends to wind it down so as not to cause injury. I just have to learn to actually ease off myself!

OSU

Good luck, im sure you're a bundle of nerves right now! Just make sure that you are mentally prepared, watch your diet make sure you're eating properly and envision yourself performing the moves but let your body relax. Be sure to warm up properly the day of the test since you will have been spending a few days idle.

Black belt AFAF # 178

Tang Soo Do

8th Kyu

Matsubayashi ryu shorin ryu karate