• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Allow me to introduce myself?

Vengeance

Hey y'all. I am, as off a mere week ago an ex-HapKiDo-ist. A full achilles rupture, three hamstring tears and the removal of a third of the meniscus in my left knee have left me ill-equipped to continue with the rigors of a korean art so heavily reliant on fancy spinning kicks. *sigh*... ah well... whatcha gonna do, right?

Truth be told, I was rather bored anyway. Three years is a long time to do the same thing when you really don't seem to feel passionate about it any longer.

A bit about me, I'm an old guy (OLD GUYS RULE!), 44 years of age. I was a bodybuilder for MANY years in my younger days. At one point I topped the scales at a rock hard 284 at just five foot 9. I have only recently begun to train again since the knee injury and God almighty it goes FAST at this age, lol.

Moving forward I will be investigating several arts to find a new "home", among them Shotokan Karate, Shidokan Karate, JKD and even straight, old school boxing. Being a bigger guy I think boxing might be ridiculous fun, but I am drawn to the culture and tradition which most JMAs seem to have. I'd be very interested in experiencing Aikido but, alas, there are no schools near me.

At any rate, Hi :)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt