• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

winter practise training-old school karate

judobrah

have you trained in this conditions?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. have you trained in this conditions?

• yes i have
    • no i havent

how often was this practise done?

i studied a litle bit,about the story of karate(mostly kk,i have to admit)

and it seems,in the old times(and i guess even now,but i guess not has frequent),people would just go out,only wearing a uniform or shirtless,and train in plain winter(like in the snow,when i guess it would be very cold)

i saw some footage,images and videos of people doing this

i guess it would be a training for the mind,for being focused on your training in such hard conditions would create mental toughness

i would post a image,of mas oyama and some of his students,training in plain hard winter,but i dont want to get another post deleted,because of hotlinking

but yeah,just search karate winter training in google,and you will find a lot of karatecas in the old times doing it

so yeah,your taughts?

and have you done it?

i am just curious

cheers

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Its serious mind blowing but worth it and the cold after lol

"Challenge is a Dragon with a Gift in its mouth....Tame the Dragon and the Gift is Yours....." Noela Evans (author)

Traditionally it's called kangeiko. It's pretty common in many Kyokushin organizations during their winter gasshuku.

i didnt know that,have you ever did this training personally?

its something that i wasnt aware of,it seems kinda of "unique"

since you wouldnt find such training in that many styles

more one of the reasons kyokushin is so great

I plan on doing this, this winter. 30 mins in the backyard each day should do it :)

do more 9 extra minutes then that

extra gainz everywere

:D

also it shure does seem that usually karatecas(mostly old school) have/had very unique training methodos,this being one of them

we do this in my TKD school sometimes. Can't say I'm a fan of it; I don't mind the cold so much but I hate it when my feet go numb and I can't feel where I'm stepping!

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

we do this in my TKD school sometimes. Can't say I'm a fan of it; I don't mind the cold so much but I hate it when my feet go numb and I can't feel where I'm stepping!

That's the only thing that I'm nervous about really. My feet are super sensitive to hot and cold. Oh well, it's the pain that makes us stronger! :D

Shodan - Shaolin Kempo

███████████████▌█

I used to train during the winter by running in just gi bottoms and bare fooed around the neighbourhood of the dojo. We rarely had snow so it was normally wet but still bitterly cold.

It doesn't happen these days though!

There needs to be a 'sort of' selection so I couldn't really choose!

I used to train during the winter by running in just gi bottoms and bare fooed around the neighbourhood of the dojo. We rarely had snow so it was normally wet but still bitterly cold.

It doesn't happen these days though!

There needs to be a 'sort of' selection so I couldn't really choose!

thats some old school training right there,i saw a documentary on a karateca(he had practised karate for more then a decade),that started his day by running something like 5 miles around his neighbourhood

oss