• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The most effective meditation I have found is Mokuso (Japanese meditation).

Assume a kneeling position with the hands on lap. Back straight and so on assuming the correct form so your centre of gravity is horizontal. Breath in for 15 secs imagining the course that the air takes, through the forehead down the spine down to the lower abdomen till it reaches a tiny spot. Exhale and tense your abdomen and exhale for m15 secs. Do Mokuso everyday for 1 minute.

Never do Tai Chi "on the side". It is one of the most complete and devasting MA's out there.

I would suggest getting a book on mediation practices and do that.

If you are serious about Tai Chi, it takes along to get good at, like all internal arts. When practicing the forms, your mind should be empty of thought. The japanese call it Mushin (no mind). If a thought does come dont try and force it out, just let it pass.

It is also important, to try and get technically perfect, because if you are thinking about the movements, then you are not in a state of Mushin. It should just be a natural as breathing or walking. This takes a LONG time to do.

Take Care

We do Moksuo as well before and after class it is relaxing.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

Yeah, I'm a fan of mokosu as well.

It doesn't shout "hey look at me, I'm meditating", like sitting there in the lotus position.

Plus its a bit more universal - I've even seen a picture of an ancient hill Rasta demonstrating meditation, and you might as well say he was sitting in a classical "mokosu" position.

KarateForums.com - Sempai

• 1 month later...

No question is stupid bright eyes, just shows an egerness for knowledge.

Mediatation, the quitening of the soul, allows for you to see things more clearly. The Japanese call is "Mushin", or no mind. To cultivate ones Ki/Qi for use. To focus of our Ki, we must first bypass the mind so to speak. Focus on the "Da Tuen" (sp?) or Hagra or Seiken no Itten (In Japanese). This is an area of the lower torso, that cannot be tensed no matter how muscular. This is where your Ki is centralised in the human body. From here it can be used for whatever purpose, self defence or in daily life.

So in a nut shell medation focus's Ki, Ki can be used for what, be it Tai Chi, Ba Gua, Aikido, karate, Wing Chun, TKD or making lunch. Complete relaxation.

Take Care

• 2 years later...

If you are intersted in Tai Chi, you should try some Chi Kung excercizes. As far as meditation goes, Zhan Zhuang training is a great way to meditate and help yourself as well.

Google search Zhan Zhuang and have fun

"The journey of a 1,000 miles starts with but a single step."