• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

For the LE Sector Here at KF

tallgeese

I ran across the following links recently when doing some research.

I had the opportunity to attend one of Paul's classes several years ago and a couple of training sessions since then. He's a top flight guy (former Delta) who really has a passion for teaching LE tactics and firearm skills. What he's teaching is really good stuff and some of it we see done wrong in the LE arena.

The following are all out there on the internet already, so I'm not giving away anything that's not already very findable. If you get the opportunity, certainly go train with him. He does stuff I won't put out here because it's not easily findable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SX9Y9FAK51U&feature=related

Just some of the ones out there. Personally, I think his points in the second about the tactical reload are huge and taught so incorrectly at so many different trainings I've seen. Also, the taking a knee tip, while sounding simple and rudimentary, I've seen experience SWAT guys make this mistake during training. Lastly, his point about shooting steel is right on, it's easy to let that become a fun game at the end of a range day. All points to be well taken.

I also highly recommend his book "Leadership and Training for the Fight" to everyone who train in ANY martial endeavor. If you're an instructor, again in ANY martial venue, you should also read "The Tactical Trainer" in which he goes over lesson planning and course building.

Anyway, I don't get to contribute much to the Weapons section here, so here's my chance. Everyone who has an interest in sd and/ or firearms will find it time well spent. LEO's should find the clips really valuable.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
I ran across the following links recently when doing some research.

I had the opportunity to attend one of Paul's classes several years ago and a couple of training sessions since then. He's a top flight guy (former Delta) who really has a passion for teaching LE tactics and firearm skills. What he's teaching is really good stuff and some of it we see done wrong in the LE arena.

The following are all out there on the internet already, so I'm not giving away anything that's not already very findable. If you get the opportunity, certainly go train with him. He does stuff I won't put out here because it's not easily findable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SX9Y9FAK51U&feature=related

Just some of the ones out there. Personally, I think his points in the second about the tactical reload are huge and taught so incorrectly at so many different trainings I've seen. Also, the taking a knee tip, while sounding simple and rudimentary, I've seen experience SWAT guys make this mistake during training. Lastly, his point about shooting steel is right on, it's easy to let that become a fun game at the end of a range day. All points to be well taken.

I also highly recommend his book "Leadership and Training for the Fight" to everyone who train in ANY martial endeavor. If you're an instructor, again in ANY martial venue, you should also read "The Tactical Trainer" in which he goes over lesson planning and course building.

Anyway, I don't get to contribute much to the Weapons section here, so here's my chance. Everyone who has an interest in sd and/ or firearms will find it time well spent. LEO's should find the clips really valuable.

Good stuff, I have always enjoyed Mr. Howe's instructionals. IMHO front sight picture, trigger squeeze, trigger reset, and the will to stop the threat go a long way in winning a gun fight.

• 3 weeks later...

He makes a good point in the first video about how someone learns something, and then everyone forgets why it was taught that way, and then never changes it because "that's the way we've always done it."

Thanks for sharing them. I've subscribed. I know when we train at the range, and the way we learned at the academy, is we did tactical reloads with the shotgun with the gun pointed downrange. How do you do it at your agency, tallgeese?