• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Sochin

muttley

Right, 2nd session back in my return to training, tonight we went through Sochin. Now, this is a kata I have only done a few times prior to me having to stop training, the basics of the kata seem to be there, but the transitions just seem to be gone, especially from the double block (jodan/gidan) through to the next (slow) move off the opposite hand!

I know that these kata will come back eventually, I just can't believe how little of it I can remember and it's annoying.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Sochin is one of my favourites ,I am not sure what rank you were before you stopped but from what you said I guess you were shodan ...anyway be patient as Sochin is an advance kata and there are many points to consider and it requires good body conditioning to perform it well ,one important point is the sochin dachi itself ,you have to be patient and practice it a lot .

Important is you are back in training and that is great ,I recently have done the same thing and I am not anywhere near the level I was 10 years ago but I am back and slowely but surely work towards level of comptenecy I had before ,just take each day as it comes and enjoy the training ! that feeling of relaxation and tranquil after a good night of training .

never give up !

I am just pleased to be back in training, just dug out my Shodan certificate so I can g et my KUGB License sorted (they required proof of grade)

I used to be with KUGB ,graded by Ohta sensei and have the legendary Enoeda sensei's stamp in my book for my early kyu grades !

never give up !

I trained with Enoeda Sensei (once) and I have had a few sessions with Ohta Sensei a few times in the past, can't wait for more nights like those in the future.

Did you ever go to Crystal palace course ? I made few trips up there and trained with Enoeda sensei ,kaze ,Kawasoe .

We were also privilaged to have sensei Enoeda teaching at our dojo two or three times as the only club outside of KUGB to have such an honour .

never give up !

• 2 weeks later...