• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Life changes

MasterPain

Well, due to financial troubles, I have moved in with a friend, and got a second job. So instead of having too much free time and no money to do anything, I will have a decent amount of money and not much time to do anything. While I will not be rich by any means, I at least won't have to worry about keeping the lights on, and I will get to play on the weekends.

I will have to cut down to training once a week at the dojo or so for now due to time constraints, but in the winter I'll have more time to train.

On the upside, I have 40 acres of woods and a pond at the new place, so lots of space for solo training, shooting, and fish to eat. Speaking of shooting, I think I'm going to get a handgun of some sort in the next month or so. Then I won't feel like the black sheep of the Bujin clan anymore...

My fists bleed death. -Akuma

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

There wouldn't happen to be a bunch of deer and hogs that you need "eradicated" from those 40 acres, would there? If so, give me a holler!!

Seriously, though, that seems to be the perfect environment to perfect your art both physically and spiritually. I love the outdoors, and being in the woods is about the best time for me to focus on my spirituality without any distractions. (Sitting in a deer stand for hours with no activity gives you a lot of time to think!!)

About the handguns, I'm a big fan of the .357 mag., but I could never afford a $700.00 gun. I have a Taurus Millenium PT145 .45 cal. It's subcompact enough to carry, but not the most accurate at longer distances. My cousin is a Secret Service agent, and his issue is a .357 Sig. I think it's a .357 cartridge goosenecked to fit a 9mm projectile (or something like that). I'd love to have one of those!

Seek Perfection of Character

Be Faithful

Endeavor

Respect others

Refrain from violent behavior.

• 3 weeks later...

I feel your pain, MP, as far as the time constraints go. Working rotating shifts and doing all the family stuff tends to be hell on the training schedule, and now with the injury, I do even less training. Priorities will work out, though, and things will get better. Keep the faith!

• 3 weeks later...

If it makes it any better i'm also on rotating shifts and some weeks i can only train once or not at all.

In addition i don't have decent space for solo training in my apartment so you are in much better odds there. 40 Acres is wow...

• 2 weeks later...

It's hardtimes everywhere friend.

I actually had to give up going to my dojo for 2012 until about a week ago. I worked two jobs almost all year and couldn't fit classes into my schedule (or finances.) It was a long 10 months away from my "MA family"

But my life changed again so now I'm back.

Your situation actually sounds pretty positive. Working two jobs can be rough, but it sounds like your living in a cool place. And getting into shooting is really fun!

Let us know what you get for a handgun! I'm partial to the Springfield XD series myself. :karate:

A warrior may choose pacifism, all others are condemned to it.

"Under the sky, under the heavens, there is but one family." -Bruce Lee

• 3 months later...

Well, for those who care, I've got a renter for my house now. This will give me a chance to pay off other debts and save up some money. I'll be able to move back into it a few years down the road. It's a huge relief to not have foreclosure and likely bankruptcy looming in the future. I had been severely depressed for the past few months, but now I have hope and joy in my life again.

With that worry out of the way, I can focus on my health and such. I've cleaned up my diet and lost 5 pounds this week- just 50 more to go. I signed up for a night a week at an MMA gym close to my job and still train with my home gym when we are able to get together. Life is good again.

My fists bleed death. -Akuma