• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

1000 posts club

Well as this is my 1000th post I thought I would make it special.

Wow its taken a few years to get here, some have done it quicker, but I tend to absorb what is said and reply if I think I could add constructively to the thread/post.

It's been eventful, I've seen people come and go, and chatted with guys on here that I hope as I do consider them as close friends, you know who you are, OSU.

Oh and Patrick, LOL, I bet sometimes he's opened up the forum and said to himself "OMG what's Dobbersky said now?" Patrick, I consider you as a close friend too.

I can't remember what my first post was, but I'm sure If Patrick has a way of pasting it in as a reply it would be good.

I've read so many interesting posts and as you all know a few things have rattled my cage, but the one thing is a true friend can argue with you and still remain friends.

Now does this post make me a black belt. In that case Patrick are you going to send me my certificate an Honorary black belt in Karate Forum Do. Can't wait

OSU, looking forward to my next 1000 posts

Edited by Dobbersky

"Challenge is a Dragon with a Gift in its mouth....Tame the Dragon and the Gift is Yours....." Noela Evans (author)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I've read so many interesting posts and as you all know a few things have rattled my cage, but the one thing is a true friend can argue with you and still remain friends.

Great point. I have some very different views from some of my friends. If everyone needed to agree on everything to be friends, the world would be a very lonely place.

My fists bleed death. -Akuma

Congrats, Dobbersky! I consider very few people friends on forums and irl. I' loyal though, with those who are my friend.

Also, this post made me want to look at Dobbersky's posts. :lol:

OSU, much appreciated. Hopefully soon you'll join the club, OSU

"Challenge is a Dragon with a Gift in its mouth....Tame the Dragon and the Gift is Yours....." Noela Evans (author)

Well done Dobbers!

Like you, I am plodding on at a rate that probably take me treble the time it takes to get a real BB :lol:

Also like you, I tend to read and absorb more than I post I also only tend to stick to the Karate forums.

I very much enjoy this forum and I don't think I have ever experienced a nicer more respectful bunch of people!

OSU

Congratulations Dobbersky. :) Thank you for all of the great contributions that you have made to our community.

I appreciate the kind words from you and DoctorQui.

This was your first post: http://www.karateforums.com/post332108.html#332108

Most of Tang Soo Do's and Tae Kwon Do's kata are borowed from other styles. I know that the Nai Han JI forms are supposed to be from Tai Chi.

It would make sense that when they are 'borrowed' that the new style puts its own twang to the form. Which may be why the dates are slighty later than the originals.

Greetings my fellow Martial Artist

I used to train in Tang Soo Do and graded upto 4th Gup, I left 1 week away from my 3rd Gup grading. I miss Tang Soo Do and the Senior Kata that I was begining to learn I'd just begun to learn the Chil Sung Hyungs. My instructor changed the gradiing syllabus and rearranged the Kata for each grade, plus put the prices up dramtically for monthly subscription and gradings.

I was cross training in Ashihara Karate (which I now teach), and I had to make a decision as to which 'Do' to follow. I have trained in various styles since leaving Tang Soo Do but it never had the same 'feel' until I found 'Wado Ryu'.

The 'Nai Han Ji' hyung is similar to Wado Ryu's Naihanchi kata and is also practiced in other Japanese karate styles (it is know as Tekki in Shotokan) so I am unsure of its origin but most forms are predominately Chinese/Korean by default via Okinawa where Japanese Karate stems from

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naihanchi

:karate:

Thanks,

Patrick

Congratulations Dobbersky. :) Thank you for all of the great contributions that you have made to our community.

I appreciate the kind words from you and DoctorQui.

This was your first post: http://www.karateforums.com/post332108.html#332108

Most of Tang Soo Do's and Tae Kwon Do's kata are borowed from other styles. I know that the Nai Han JI forms are supposed to be from Tai Chi.

It would make sense that when they are 'borrowed' that the new style puts its own twang to the form. Which may be why the dates are slighty later than the originals.

Greetings my fellow Martial Artist

I used to train in Tang Soo Do and graded upto 4th Gup, I left 1 week away from my 3rd Gup grading. I miss Tang Soo Do and the Senior Kata that I was begining to learn I'd just begun to learn the Chil Sung Hyungs. My instructor changed the gradiing syllabus and rearranged the Kata for each grade, plus put the prices up dramtically for monthly subscription and gradings.

I was cross training in Ashihara Karate (which I now teach), and I had to make a decision as to which 'Do' to follow. I have trained in various styles since leaving Tang Soo Do but it never had the same 'feel' until I found 'Wado Ryu'.

The 'Nai Han Ji' hyung is similar to Wado Ryu's Naihanchi kata and is also practiced in other Japanese karate styles (it is know as Tekki in Shotokan) so I am unsure of its origin but most forms are predominately Chinese/Korean by default via Okinawa where Japanese Karate stems from

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naihanchi

:karate:

Thanks,

Patrick

OMG, doesn't time fly, it shows how life changes and a persons views on things change over time

Thanks Patrick, looking forward to my certificate :brow: