• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Have you ever used karate in a real street fight .. ?

jinx

Well. LeaF 16 is the best age to fight :)

I remember when I was 16 I used to "kill" everyone near me if I felt they bothered me. Hopefully they came to know this and I grew up and no I don't feel like fighting anymore ... though now I do MA training :D

Good luck in your "battles" :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I was 16, some punk got ticked at me for some reason. We had a couple of words and I thought it was over. When I left school that day he suckered me in the head in the student parking lot. He was actually hiding behind a fence waiting. He tried to box me and I knew that would be his strength. I was a little daized but I remember a friend of mine taught me a few moves and I used the only one that I knew I could do. I snapped a left front kick right into his floating ribs on his right side. He ran away. I heard that he was sore for quite some time.

That summer I started Karate, and I have never had a problem since then. In my adult life, 20 years have gone by, I can tell you that 99% of people do not fight to settle their differences. I try to avoid that other 1%. I also try not to put myself in situations were I might be in danger. I use common sense and awareness. Unfortunately, you never know when you might be in a situation where you have to protect yourself so knowing MA could make the difference.

Remember that the only time you ever win a fight is when you get out of a situation without fighting.

I had to lose my mind to come to my senses.

i have been in to fights. both happened in the same week, and in 2 consecutive days 2 months ago. and they were both multiple attack situations.

Ok, so the first one was 3 homie G's (the white kind, the wiggers if you will :) ). I'm at the bus stop wanting to go home and they come up to me and say "give us your money." I said no and then sweeped one guys feet, he hit the pavement and was out, then i gave another guy a right hook in the side of the head as hard as i could, then i grinned at the other guy and he ran away. Then i took his friends wallet. I made 80 bucks that night :) (oh and yes i really did take their money)

the 2nd day i was at the bus stop again going home from work and some more homie G's come up and are really pissed at me so i figure they're friends of the other shi.tkickers. Anyway it turns out i was right so one guy tries to push me, and i arm bar him and chuck him into a fence. and his buddy throws this huge john wayne hook punch so i just blocked it punched him in the head then threw him on the pavement, but i didn't take their money that time.

Those are the only two fights i've had in my life, aside from the school yard ones when i was 7-12 but those don't count, and i'm 20 now and have been training for about 3 or four months but i lost my teacher and am trying to find another school at the moment.

fighting sucks, it's a pain in the ass. you will find it that most people actually don't want to fight, like if someone comes up to you and says, ehy i don't like your face you wanna fight? and you say Yeah in really menacing voice with a crazy grin they will probably back down, but then again.....maybe not.

Edited by SD

I´m thinkin of starting in karate and i was wondering if anyone here has really used in a real fight, and did it work for you ..

Don't start karate just too fight. There's more into it than fighting techniques. You'll have to prepare yourself for another way of life in order to gain from Karate all those things. When you'll feel that you are ready for the change ... then come into our world. You won't regret :)

Yes. A bloke grabbed my arm as I passed by him in a busy part of a London square. Immediately, without thinking I did something like a karate inner-outer block (uchi-uke) which broke his grip. I had to do this again as he again grabbed my arm. I was then able to back away from him, noting his physical characteristics which I then reported to police.

So you see, not every practical use of karate in the street involves high kicking, blood and a decisive victory. Sometimes you can be saved by the smallest, instinctive move and this mimimum force is all that is required!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My karma will run over your dogma

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So you see, not every practical use of karate in the street involves high kicking, blood and a decisive victory. Sometimes you can be saved by the smallest, instinctive move and this mimimum force is all that is required!

Or you could just beat the crap outta them :) hehehe

True, but then he could have been high on crack, impervious to pain and I could have been knifed, shot, punched, kicked in, dragged off and raped, or God knows what. :(

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My karma will run over your dogma

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Out of my 23 yrs of the Arts I only used it once when I got assulted in Texas.

I won by a foot sweep,and then running.....LOL

I Hate to fight- but will use it if needed ;-)

Kung Fu Black Belt 1st Dan

GoldDragon Academy

-------------------------

Represenitive for Paltalk.com

*-*-*-*-Mouser (Palhelp)*-*-*-*-*-

• 2 weeks later...
ramymensa i was not thinking or takeing karate just to learn how to fight , i take muay thai so i know how to fight already, i just wanna start a second MA thats more traditional than muay thai, but dont wanna take it if it dose not work .. :)