• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

hello

michaelw

i just thought i`d say hello since i`ve just joined the forum :D

i`m michael, recently turned 29, living in clacton (in the UK - right by the beach). have been studying karate (shotokan) with a group locally since the middle of June. am really enjoying it so far...... have just (today!!!) passed my first grading - white+blue stripe..... I know, still a complete novice, but we all start low don`t we :D

i`m quite fortunate that the group i`m with have a couple of high-grade`s who represent England at international level, others who represent the region around the country and a Sensei who is a regional coach too.

You can observe a lot by watching - Yogi Berra

A slap to the face is an insult — to the back of the head is a wake-up call. leroy jethro gibbs, NCIS

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hi Michael,

I studied Shotokan a while ago, about ten years when I lived on Anglesey. I think you have some of the best Kata in Karate. Keep going, Dan grades are white belts who never gave up.

Look to the far mountain and see all.

thanks for the welcomes :)

@Harkon72, yeah they are pretty impressive... the one`s i`ve seen anyway. some of the orange and geen belts have been doing Heian Shodan recently :o don`t think i`ll get that one right at the first attempt

You can observe a lot by watching - Yogi Berra

A slap to the face is an insult — to the back of the head is a wake-up call. leroy jethro gibbs, NCIS