• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Good or Bad reason for confrontation?

Saie

OSU

There is a difference between a martial artist and a goon. The first category are known to be able to control their instincts and be calm in the face of danger and respond with controlled violence as and when is absolutely necessary. I am glad to hear that this issue is settled and the perfect and just way that you handled it. Always remember, fighting is not good. Somebody always gets hurt.

Bluedot

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I realize this thread is pretty old now, but I wanted to give the OP a big thumbs up.

Sun-Tzu would be very proud of you. You avoided needless conflict. You won on a higher level.

A warrior may choose pacifism, all others are condemned to it.

"Under the sky, under the heavens, there is but one family." -Bruce Lee

OSU

There is a difference between a martial artist and a goon. The first category are known to be able to control their instincts and be calm in the face of danger and respond with controlled violence as and when is absolutely necessary.

I disagree. There can be MAists that are goons out there.

• 3 months later...

Had been me...he would've been warned firmly once, after that, he would've been expelled immediately!!

I don't tolerate this from anyone!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Harkon is dead on.
Being a Martial Artist is a responsibility, being calm and collected is your gift to an aggressor.

I don't really feel this way. Someone comes into my house to do wrong, the gifts I have for that person will not be calm and collected. Swift and ferocious, more like.

Harkon is dead on.
Being a Martial Artist is a responsibility, being calm and collected is your gift to an aggressor.

I don't really feel this way. Someone comes into my house to do wrong, the gifts I have for that person will not be calm and collected. Swift and ferocious, more like.

I completely agree. Granted-- you still want to be collected in the sense of being in control as a measure of safety for yourself and your family, but I believe there is a time to get angry and to express that anger in no uncertain terms.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'd say a martial artist has an obligation to stand up for those who are too weak and frightened to defend themselves. I certainly would say something, but don't /try/ to make a fight out of it. Judo is a doozy of an art to know in these situations. If any violence does regrettably occur you can knock someone down without really hurting them at all. hence showing your skill without the assault charges or injuries on either party.and Id say thats not evena fight, just very skillfully asking him to sit back down... ^^; so that decision should be made based on this guys aggression level when confronted verbally and on what art you know. I came across a very similar situation in highschool...

"I am the hope of the universe! I am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace,I am protector of the innocent, I am the light in the darkness, I am truth... Ally to good! nightmare to you!"