• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Osu! my 1st post & some background info of previous MA e

Xuanlong

I did get interested in Goju ryu and wanted to train in it, it has full contact sparring called irikumi go for advanced levels, the kata was interesting and so with its philosophy and close in fighting preference, practised some of its kata and trained abit with some instructors under tutorial per day 1-to-1 classes, I never signed up officially.... The Goju-ryu around me were mostly Meibukan and 1 Seigokan, if I had a choice and went with Goju ryu, and was available I'd go for IOGKF or Jundokan but none around or even near me.

Xuanlong,

Welcome!

What lineage/Ryuha of Goju did you train?

I'm also curious about your preferences with respect towards IOGKF and Jundokan?

Chris

Chris

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • 3 weeks later...

I did get interested in Goju ryu and wanted to train in it, it has full contact sparring called irikumi go for advanced levels, the kata was interesting and so with its philosophy and close in fighting preference, practised some of its kata and trained abit with some instructors under tutorial per day 1-to-1 classes, I never signed up officially.... The Goju-ryu around me were mostly Meibukan and 1 Seigokan, if I had a choice and went with Goju ryu, and was available I'd go for IOGKF or Jundokan but none around or even near me.

Xuanlong,

Welcome!

What lineage/Ryuha of Goju did you train?

I'm also curious about your preferences with respect towards IOGKF and Jundokan?

Chris

Sorry for the very late reply I did Meibukan Goju on the 1-to-1 classes, But I'm not a fan of Kobudo weapons training anymore I just want to focus primarily on weaponless martial arts now, so I'd prefer IOGKF and Jundokan, than Meibukan which has a focus on added kobudo weapons training. And the Seigokan would have been nice but the the only instructor in that place was a shodan with majority students being under aged kids, comparing with Kyokushin Karate that I later on chose with an instructor of both Shotokan and Kyokushin Karate 4th Dan rank, with more Adult students in his classes. Had there been an IOGKF/Jundokan/Seigokan with the qualifications equal to the Kyokushin instructor and a dojo with adults rather than a majority of under aged kids I would have picked those goju ryu's first than Kyokushin instead.

Welcome to KF!

I am also in the phase of transitioning from Shotokan to Kyokushin since we get no sparring at my Dojo.

But hell u sound like u had a tough time in your first KK training sessions..!

I'm looking forward to some BJJ training too in the future if I manage to find more free time.

the KK dojo is full of sadistic masochistic pain lovers :P, for KK practitioners its perfectly normal to be banged up training in it lol new guy or not :bawling:, oh well no pain no gain, however I did mention I would pace it, as too much pain is no good gain as well, Osu!

Be your own light, your own refuge. Believe only that which you test for yourself. Do not accept authority merely because it comes from a great man, or is written in a sacred book, for truth is different for each man and woman. -- Buddha