• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I want to share something with you guys...

So I have been hearing about this Dim Mak talk and what not and I want to share somthing I learned that really helped me keep my mind at ease with this stuff.

Which is Dim Mak=High level outboxing

So basicly when I first started boxing I had a coach who would teach me fancy footwork, combining fients and counterpunching,teaching corkscrew,flicking a left hook,swaying back and etc...

I never realy understood it, so I switch gyms since I moved houses.

Anyway I go to a rinky dink boxing gym and it was Brawling after Brawling...I was confused why I sucked at it despite having a good foundation and high level training.

I realized I never properly sparred which means...I never seen a boxer/brawlers present those type of dangers, after 3 months I got enough reacton time/exprience to survive them and 2 months later I started applying those high level moves on the brawlers... slowly one move at a time

Moral of the story is: You can learn all the Fancy Dim Mak/high level out-boxing or any crazy style BUT first you have to master or become aware of conventional/fundemental fighting, blieve it or not on the street or the local combat scenes your only dealing with brawlers so get used to that first and learn the conventional martial arts THEN when you feel comfortable slowley apply a Dim MAK move here or a corkscrew counter there...

There is a reason people dont teach Dim Mak, its because its not for the average yahoo since they wont be able to use it without a solid exprience and thus making Dim Mak look like a dingis, Also why Old school boxing coaches didnt teach fancy moves to beginners...you have to become a adept at the fundementals before you recieve/earn your high level moves!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

A lot of what you say makes a great deal of sense but, regarding "Dim Mak" I have this to say:

It's a load of borderline-magical nonsense. I firmly believe that anyone who teaches it is either deluded or seeking to delude, and I wouldn't want to train under someone who falls into either of these categories.

As someone who comes from a boxing background, I cant say I have explored the martial arts world to approve or disaprove the dim mak but being the optimism and yes even gulliable person that I am I cant say I havent fantasized about the Dim Mak.

Speaking of witch, the My username Himokiri Karate is from baki the grappler which is based on the urban legend of nine white bone claw and Dim Mak.

The idea in fiction has been fictionalized but in real life doing finger excercise as well as wrist/forearms I have been able to hit harder without worrying about my hand and I have yet to reach that level but my Sifu who has boxing exprience is good enough to spar without hand wraps and he never gets injured!

That being said going back to my original post I am an optimisc person and that nature does lead to gulliablity so I have to be aware of myself not to be seduced by work of fiction.

I recently watched a "sports science" type program that tested the "dim mak". There was a ninjutsu expert that demonstrated the tecnhique. He used a crash test dummy, and they measure impace from 0 to 1 with 1 being 100% fatal. The strike he used was nothing fancy. Just a hammer fist to the sternum. He wasn't a big guy at all. I'm guessing about 155lbs. The hit measured at .8 of 1 which was deemed to be almost certainly fatal. Chest compression was 2 inches.

This lead me to the conclusion that any strike with that force should give the same result whether it is a punch or kick. It wasn't the "technique". It was the force and placement. I'm pretty sure I could hammer fist with more power than that guy. The strike didn't look very special at all.

Seek Perfection of Character

Be Faithful

Endeavor

Respect others

Refrain from violent behavior.

They also mentioned that. I think the difference is that in CPR, it's done more as a "massage" and not a "blunt force trauma". Something like that, anyway.

Seek Perfection of Character

Be Faithful

Endeavor

Respect others

Refrain from violent behavior.