• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Kyokushinkai Karate

Eye of the Tiger

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
You can't really call any style of Karate the "strogest Karate" because of the fact that it depends entirely on the Martial Artist. True, the training in Kyokushinkai is very strenuous, but as with all martial arts, if you have the skill than it doesn't matter. It isn't how hard you train, it is how well you train.

"Never hit a man while he's down; kick him, its easier"

Sensei Ron Bagley (My Sensei)

We have a local club in Bergen where I come from. I tried it out once with a freind,when I was about 9-12 years old. But the instructor hit us in the head with a stick and in the stomach. My freind did not want to return so we did not. It is true that is called "the hardest Karate"

Read a book!

I heard it's a very effective style. Mas Oyama was able to kill a bull with two strikes using kyokushin karate!! Some other stuff I read was that in kyokushin tournaments, you don't have weight divisions, you go full contact without many rules, and it's not point sparring. I guess it could almost be as hard as muay thai or something! I also heard enshin karate was similar to kyokushin(it was based off of it or somethin?)... But I haven't taken either of the two arts...

It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, for the most essential things are invisible to the eye.

Hello,

I saw the video of the Oyama v the Bull in a kyokushin karate web page,

He didn't stand up in front of a Bull and killed when the bull was comming to Gore.

The Bull was tied on a post and he hold it horn and choped off.

I've heard there is a little trick in which you can find the soft part of the Horn and you can choped it.

I've See kyokushin guys sparring. They just train hard and hit harder in sparring...It's indeed a tough style to train in. But i guess you people don't want to get All hurt everytime you spar. right? lol

I still have the look the other class. Intructor told me he had another group in which the train is softer, the class i watch it was the School Karate Team class. Maybe thats why it was sooo tough. lol

hi. I just stumbled across this forum and saw this thread of conversation.

I practice Kyokushin, please feel free to ask any questions you may have.

I will include a link to a very comprehensive website on the style:

http://www.safesci.unsw.edu.au/karate/default.htm

Hope this is helpful. my own website may have som iformation for you too.

Regards,

• 1 year later...

The teacher hits the student with a stick when the student is doing sanchin kata. Nothing special to Kyokushin, all styles that have sanchin kata do that. Although, I wonder why would that happen to beginners... Maybe they were right about not continuing in that school after all...

About "videos" of Oyama, he fought dozens of bulls (or more correctly: ox not bull) and there are several video clips. The one I've seen on the net has him wrestle with the animal, until the animal falls.