• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Pressure Points, Dim Mak, and more...

That is and isn't the point I was making earlier. For years, I've known that a block to someone's forearm would make their arm numb sometimes. Now, I know that it's because I'm hitting a certain point on the radial nerve. And now I know that if I hit it at a downward angle (toward their hand), it activates the point even more. BUT, instead of focusing on pinpointing a tiny point on their arm and only focusing on that point, if you hit hard enough in that region, you'll get a response anyway. He's teaching us more about the science than the sensationalism, and he's doing it to show us that what we already know can include this new knowledge.

So we are aiming for certain points- the pressure points such as lung 6, stomach 9, etc. But if you don't hit the EXACT point, you can still get some kind of result. When you DO hit that point, the result can be devastating. He's also teaching us how to activate the points with grabs and some touches. But he's not trying to teach us to go for knockouts by touching points with the fingers. He's a TKD 4th dan that learned Kyusho, and he's approaching it as a supplement to our existing martial arts training. He's focusing more on giving us more knowledge as to why our techniques are designed as they are and how to make those techniques more effective by aiming at the correct points on the body.

Very well said and a good approach to getting the basics of pressure points IMO.

I wholeheartedly concur!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• 9 months later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been doing research on this because I'm a geek like that but...

Dim Mak is foolish nonsense. I stand firm in this opinion now since everything I've found pertaining to Dim Mak proves its ineffectiveness.

There are also big differences between using pressure points properly and Dim Mak. Pressure Points can work. Dim Mak generally won't.

Dim Mak is the pressure points, i think they are the same,

Dim Mak is the real, it hit time less then 1/4 second, this is one kind, another kind is a touch can do the dim mak.

i think the western countries said the pressure points, because they didn't practise more than 5 years, so, they have to press long time on the points.

In china, Dim Mak is the pressure points, but very quickly pressure points,

i am confused, what's the different Dim Mak and pressure points in USA ? i though they are the same things. both work on the acupuncture points . Dim Mak need to pour Chi inside victim's body,

I've been doing research on this because I'm a geek like that but...

Dim Mak is foolish nonsense. I stand firm in this opinion now since everything I've found pertaining to Dim Mak proves its ineffectiveness.

There are also big differences between using pressure points properly and Dim Mak. Pressure Points can work. Dim Mak generally won't.

Dim Mak is the pressure points, i think they are the same,

Dim Mak is the real, it hit time less then 1/4 second, this is one kind, another kind is a touch can do the dim mak.

i think the western countries said the pressure points, because they didn't practise more than 5 years, so, they have to press long time on the points.

In china, Dim Mak is the pressure points, but very quickly pressure points,

i am confused, what's the different Dim Mak and pressure points in USA ? i though they are the same things. both work on the acupuncture points . Dim Mak need to pour Chi inside victim's body,

Welcome to KF; glad that you're here!!

With pressure points, it's not where you strike, it's HOW you strike. But even then, it's a game of hit and miss for a wide variety of reasons. Dim Mak and Chi, imho, is a myth. I don't believe in the one touch/Chi methodology because I've found nothing to support either existences.

Kyusho jitsu, pressure points, is far more credible than Dim Mak, but not consistent across the board. Yet, to try something is better than not trying anything at all when you're in a bad situation.

While there is precident for a strong enough blow to the chest effecti g heart rhythms, the Dim Mak is a myth with no backing. Pressure points effecting the chi energy flow? Come on, brother, really?

Dim mak exist, because chinese martial arts always need long time to practise. if you want to learn dim mak, you must find the right teacher, and then practise it hardly, more than 3 or 4 years. then your hand can do the dim mak.

western country have no dim mak, because firstly, you can not find the right teacher, secondly, that need a long time to learn, also must practise hardly.

So, western countries pick out the surface thing about Dim Mak, just press the points, that is wrong way, that is just a surface hurt, and victim can recover very quickly.

traditional Dim Mak way is to practise its special Qikong. then practise hand very hard, using sandy, rice, you know, liking iron palm way. to make your finger very hard.

this kind finger to hit victim's acupuncture points, can make them can not recover so quickly, even hospital can not heal this kind Dim mak.

ok, so dim mak= pressure points + Qigong

it seems western pressure points martial arts are the immature Dim Mak kung fu of China. Maybe, at beginning development of Dim Mak is also the pressure points. following the time, chinese find qigong (that is internal power) can combine with pressure points, then developed to the Dim Mak skills.

IF Dim Mak and its like is real, then I submit that it's just as inconsistent as Kyusho jitsu and its like is. Parameters are what they are. The Dim Mak the videos shown, imho, wasn't inclusive to its consistency because one of the videos shown one of the students REACTING before the punch reached its target.

I'm still speculative, to say the least, about Dim Mak and the like. How would Dim Mak be effective against a resistive opponent; one that's just going to stand there and be hit.

IF Dim Mak and its like is real, then I submit that it's just as inconsistent as Kyusho jitsu and its like is. Parameters are what they are. The Dim Mak the videos shown, imho, wasn't inclusive to its consistency because one of the videos shown one of the students REACTING before the punch reached its target.

I'm still speculative, to say the least, about Dim Mak and the like. How would Dim Mak be effective against a resistive opponent; one that's just going to stand there and be hit.

check that videos poster's all videos, Dim Mak can work on all of people even the guy who are anti-strike. because, even you practise your body, you also can not practise your acupuncture points are hardly.

i think maybe, that student was afraid of being hit hardly

check all of videos of that poster,

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVEKAEX2LhqRia7Ry-HI1Hw

all of them about the Dim Mak, even a science research about the Dim Mak

japanese martial arts also came from china, about the Kyusho jitsu, i think they just learnt a little about Dim Mak. real dim mak should pour the chi inside of the victim's body. so, different dim mak sects have their own qigong practice way. but Kyusho jitsu just pressure points. maybe, they developed to different way with Dim Mak kung fu.