• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Pressure Points, Dim Mak, and more...

Hi guys,

So I've been reading a discussion on another site about pressure points, Dim Mak, and One Touch KO's and thought I would start the discussion here.

I don't practice Dim Mak, but I use pressure points all the time (a good trigger finger in the right place to numb an arm or just inflict ridiculous pain) but I honestly am not a believer in the "one touch knock outs."

Any one here practice Dim Make? What is everyone's opinion on pressure points? What are some of your favourites?

My favourites:

Under the bicep or back of the arm.

Inside of the thigh.

Top of the bicep.

Behind the ear lobe.

Top of the spine just under the base of the skull (think about 2-3 vertebrae down.)

Throat "hole" - where the throat meets the clavicles.

I thought Di Mak was basically 1 hit kill?

I guess it has gotten very mistified, but in truth, many things are 1 hit kills, such as a throat punch, a hit to the back of the head, a really hard hit to the nuts. I guess they could be called dim mak?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys,

So I've been reading a discussion on another site about pressure points, Dim Mak, and One Touch KO's and thought I would start the discussion here.

I don't practice Dim Mak, but I use pressure points all the time (a good trigger finger in the right place to numb an arm or just inflict ridiculous pain) but I honestly am not a believer in the "one touch knock outs."

Any one here practice Dim Make? What is everyone's opinion on pressure points? What are some of your favourites?

My favourites:

Under the bicep or back of the arm.

Inside of the thigh.

Top of the bicep.

Behind the ear lobe.

Top of the spine just under the base of the skull (think about 2-3 vertebrae down.)

Throat "hole" - where the throat meets the clavicles.

I thought Di Mak was basically 1 hit kill?

I guess it has gotten very mistified, but in truth, many things are 1 hit kills, such as a throat punch, a hit to the back of the head, a really hard hit to the nuts. I guess they could be called dim mak?

Dim Mak is hit the acupuncture points. there are 36 fatal points, 72 injury points in whole body.

One kind Dim Mak is just hit points, the same with a hard stick to strike the points

another kind is higher level Dim Mak, that need to practise qigong, and pour Chi inside the victim's body by hit points.

• 11 months later...

Many people die from car accidents, what doctors call 'Internal injuries' A person after a car accident can look perfectly normal on the outside but bleeding to death on the inside. Breaking bricks is a way to practice giving your opponent internal injuries. The brick breaking concept is not to break all the bricks but to break the second or third brick and not the top or bottom bricks. Energy passes through all of the bricks but only breaks the ones in the middle. Place three balls on a pendulum attached at the top with string. Pull back and release the outside ball and it collides with the middle ball and it stops instantly the middle ball doesn't move but the third ball does. Energy is passing through all of the balls but only one moves. This is the way chi power strikes are used to cause internal injuries. Not a good idea to practice this on class mates or anyone for that matter. Most of us, I think have experienced getting hit on the elbow and it goes tingly or moves about seemingly out of control. Or the doctor taps under your knee and it kicks out without you controlling it. Or getting hit on the bicep or thigh and it goes numb. This is all changing or interrupting the chi flow in the body. Than trying your pressure point holds on other people, I suggest trying them out on yourself first. 1# you will learn and know where they are located and 2# what effect they have on you such as dizziness or pain and 3# what amount of time and pressure is needed to make it work 4# you will instantly recognize if someone is trying it out on you without your consent. A punch is a type of touch just as petting a dog is a type of touch and a knife hand strike is also. A touch has too many connotations, to assume a touch is soft. is just an assumption, just something to remember when hearing about 'Death Touches' It just makes it sound more impressive than it is. I was knocked out about eight months ago from a blow to my jaw. As I instantly fell to the ground hitting my elbow and the back of my head on the pavement. As my neck twisted too far from the blow my vertebrae attached to my skull was injured also. The pain from the initial punch to my jaw only lasted a few days. My skull damage gave me migraine headaches and from my vertebrae injuries dizzy spells that lasted for months. This is 'Death delayed touch' as I could have died from a simple single blow to the jaw, that carries with it complications.

The bricks in Europe are kiln dried a process that makes them very strong. As opposed to the Adobe bricks that are sun backed and makes them brittle. I grew up with the kiln dried Varity brick. I point this out because of some Japanese exchange students stayed with a friend of mine. They were all very experienced with karate. In the garden they had seen some bricks, so they wanted to break them with their bear hands. To show how things are done in Japan. They tried and tried again to break the bricks but they would not break. They never grew up with kiln dried bricks only with the Adobe type. The answer to your question about have I broken middle bricks is a flat out no. But I have broken Seven peoples noses before reaching my seventeenth birthday; noses are not kiln dried.

I've been studying Kyusho Jitsu for about a year now. My instructor is a Chiropractor that does Acupuncture. He is teaching me with a mindset of where to hit a human body to create the most effect. Not to produce a 1 touch knockout. But to produce the most pain/discomfort efficiently taking human physiology into account. It's basically showing me the science of why it works. Why your arm tingles when someone knifehand blocks.

My favorite kyusho technique that I refer to when someone is skeptical is the mental nerve. I always ask if they watched Chris Weidman knock out Anderson Silva in their 1st UFC bout. Or if they watched Bisping knock out Luke Rockhold in their 2nd UFC bout. Both were hit on the mental nerves (off center of their chin), and both dropped like stones. That's Kyusho Jitsu.

I had a long argument with a Muay Thai/MMA practitioner about Kyusho. He dismissed the practice and science of it. He kept on and on about "if it's so effective, why don't people use it in the Octagon"? My reply- of course they do. Every time they do an outside leg kick. Or inside leg kick. Or punch to the chin. But they don't realize they're using Kyusho. They just do it because they realize they will get a better response from their opponent if they hit those spots. To which, I reply-"That's exactly what I've been telling you!"

I agree, it doesn't work on some. I had a Marine that let me leg kick him until my leg hurt, and it didn't affect him at all. But like my instructor says, don't stop at 1 point. Keep hitting until the opponent drops.

Seek Perfection of Character

Be Faithful

Endeavor

Respect others

Refrain from violent behavior.

For martial artists, if every technique worked as well as "The perfect senerio" the stick poked in to the front bicycle wheel. A simple single action putting in to motion devastating effects. The Butterfly flaps it's wings in one part of the world that causes a tornado on the other side of the planet. Cause and effect. Dim mak has none of these things and is all of these things. Inside has no outside and outside has no inside. Probabilities but no certainties. Some people have severe allergies and can be killed by eating one peanut. Or consuming lemon juice. What is deadly for one person can be a protein or a vitimin for others. Dim mak is not a cut and dry activity, depends on who is applying the technique and who is receiving it and to take it a step further what time of day it is applied. Some medicines work better depending on the time of day, too much medicine can kill, so as can Dim mak. Chinese medicine and martial arts are intertwined. Doctors, herbalists and martial artists were one. In ancient China, if you broke a bone, a martial artist could fix it for you. Something even more strange than that, the people would only pay the doctor in their village when they were completely well and when they fell ill, they would not pay the doctor anything until they were well again. This would give the doctor the incentive to keep the villagers healthy. The doctor needed to know how to use natural medicine recipes and thumb and finger massages therapies to increase recovery time or he would not be payed anything. We in the West today have our methods that are very different than ancient times in the East. The differences came about because in the western cultures we had witchcraft, that was hunted down and mostly destroyed while in the East it kept on developing. This Dim mak topic is just another witch-hunt from a westerners perspective. Playing with anything unstable like witch-craft or Dim mak can have disastrous affects. Ask a Doctor that specializes in Chinese medicine about Dim mak in martial arts beforehand, or unknowingly it could be like giving a peanut to someone that is allegic to them and may have serious consequence. You may need this information later when you reach a very high 'Dan' in your style. Can you imagine white belts learning Dim mak techniques, I'm sure they would poking each other to see if it works or not. Dim mak is easier than you can imagine to do but just takes years to master it and for what purpose to learn it but to damage others! As many here on this site are Japanese's martial art stylists of one kind or another, I suggest looking in to (if you have not already) Shiatsu, the art of finger and thumb pressure therapy. Maybe this is a good chance to turn a negative topic in to something more positive and beneficial.