• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Pressure Points, Dim Mak, and more...

Pressure points are a useful addition to an martial artist (as well as a general understanding of anatomy). Not something I'd primarily rely on, but valuable nonetheless.

As far as Dim Mak goes, I have yet to do as my research on it as I would like to. Perhaps my claims will be more refined when that research happens.

Van

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So how many men have you killed?

i didn't learn any martial arts. i am just a fun about it.

i just want to say, dim mak is real, it still exist in China.

You have an awful lot to say and prove for someone who "didn't learn any martial arts." Unless you've personally used it or have had it demonstrated on you, you have little credibility. Please learn it for yourself, then come tell us what we're doing wrong.

I have no problem with people who've got differing views than I do. That what makes this world so interesting and in fact makes us all learn more. I have a problem with people touting things as fact who admit they have zero personal experience with it.

i am a fan about Dim Mak. even i had no any experience about it. but i search lots of Videos, i read lots of articles, also news, papers, articles by the website.

because these videos made me sure the Dim Mak are the real kung fu. there are also two experiment and science research about the Dim Mak.

Even i didn't experience it, from all of these materials , i had know dim mak is the real. i am not that stubborn, i can judge what is real, what is fake.

pressure points also don't work on you? Kyusho also don't work on you ? but pressure points had be admitted by most people !

yeah, i think you should experience it firstly.

I said I am extremely resistant, not that they don't work. I spent several years at university in China (Shanghai & Xi'an) and my colleagues took me to a couple of Dim Mak schools but all I saw was ultra-compliant students falling over, nobody managed to make it work effectively on me. The effects of the strikes were no more than any other strike of that power, aimed at prominent bones or weak cartilage, such as the xiphoid process. I also went to a dentist who used acupuncture, give me novocaine any day!

pressure points also don't work on you? Kyusho also don't work on you ? but pressure points had be admitted by most people !

I said I am extremely resistant, not that they don't work. I spent several years at university in China (Shanghai & Xi'an) and my colleagues took me to a couple of Dim Mak schools but all I saw was ultra-compliant students falling over, nobody managed to make it work effectively on me. The effects of the strikes were no more than any other strike of that power, aimed at prominent bones or weak cartilage, such as the xiphoid process. I also went to a dentist who used acupuncture, give me novocaine any day!

My own take on pressure point techniques is that they make for good demonstrations but are not practical in real life situations for the following reasons:

• The practitioner needs to be really good to hit the right spot consistently

The right spot varies by individual and some people do not react anyway

My own take on pressure point techniques is that they make for good demonstrations but are not practical in real life situations for the following reasons:

• The practitioner needs to be really good to hit the right spot consistently

The right spot varies by individual and some people do not react anyway

YES!! To the bold type above!

And when done Kyusho jitsu is done incorrectly, you better have a plan 'B' NOW!! The Tuite, makes up for the inconsistency of Kyusho jitsu.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

So how many men have you killed?

i didn't learn any martial arts. i am just a fun about it.

i just want to say, dim mak is real, it still exist in China.

You have an awful lot to say and prove for someone who "didn't learn any martial arts." Unless you've personally used it or have had it demonstrated on you, you have little credibility. Please learn it for yourself, then come tell us what we're doing wrong.

I have no problem with people who've got differing views than I do. That what makes this world so interesting and in fact makes us all learn more. I have a problem with people touting things as fact who admit they have zero personal experience with it.

i am a fan about Dim Mak. even i had no any experience about it. but i search lots of Videos, i read lots of articles, also news, papers, articles by the website.

because these videos made me sure the Dim Mak are the real kung fu. there are also two experiment and science research about the Dim Mak.

Even i didn't experience it, from all of these materials , i had know dim mak is the real. i am not that stubborn, i can judge what is real, what is fake.

There's a big difference between what you see in a video and in books, and real life. Videos get edited. Not sure if you've ever heard of George Dillman. He's a kyusho "Grandmaster." He's written many books, conducted "research" and made many videos. He's recently been demonstrating no-touch knockouts.

Before his no-touch knockout days, several people I trained with went to a few of his seminars. The videos show his techniques of light touch knockouts working every time. At the seminars, they work maybe 2/3 of the time. There's people at the seminars that they don't work on at all. Those never get put on video or in books. His reasoning for why - some people are skeptics, they must have done something to counter his chi, etc. It's nonsense.

There are places on the body that will produce knockouts far easier than others. But light touch isn't going to do it. Hitting someone or rubbing their arm or leg or torso the right way isn't going to render someone unconscious. The only way that works is through a form of hypnosis. The person believes it'll knock them out, and therefore it does.

If this stuff really worked as reliably as the "masters" claim it does, every police officer, prison guard, and military person would be throughly trained in it, even if it took a few years to become effective in it.

If it really worked every time (after enough training), everyone with any interest in self defense would train in it.

If it really worked every time, every professional fighter would learn it and use it. Professional fighters have challenged dim mak and kyusho masters countless times. I haven't seen a single report of the professional fighter losing.

I'm not saying the masters are frauds. I think many of them genuinely believe in what they're teaching. I'm saying their students are being hypnotized without the teachers or students truly realizing it. Much in the same way placebo drugs can be almost as effective (sometimes more effective) than the real drug.

Go out and study it for yourself instead of reading about it or watching it.

There are videos out there of some Dillman students that have gone into a BJJ school to test their Dim Mak skills on other athletes, and they really didn't have much affect on them. Most of what I've seen from Dim Mak demonstrations have been with students directly under the instructor demonstrating, and with no resistance whatsoever from the uke.

There are videos out there of some Dillman students that have gone into a BJJ school to test their Dim Mak skills on other athletes, and they really didn't have much affect on them. Most of what I've seen from Dim Mak demonstrations have been with students directly under the instructor demonstrating, and with no resistance whatsoever from the uke.

Exactly. Put Dillman's top students in an MMA bout. Doesn't have to be UFC level or the like; actually I'd like to see them in a local circuit amatuer match. Put them against a striker so the excuse isn't that they got taken to the mat before they could employ their techniques, real fights don't go to the ground very often, etc. Then see the excuses. Kind of like when Dillman tried the no-touch KO on the psychologist.

Pressure points have their place. There's anatomical weakness throughout the body. Certain areas are far more sensitive to pressure, rubbing, etc. than others. No doubt they can help. But the concept of knocking someone unconscious with light touches is ridiculous. My previous dojo had a Japanese ju-jutsu sandan come into work out with us. He was into kyusho. He tried knocking us out demonstrating it. Maybe a 1/3 success rate. He grabbed my arm and tapped my neck. Tried several times It didn't feel good and would have hurt more with some force, but nothing like Dillman's claims happened. Wouldn't have knocked me out if it was full force either. He'd have been far better off keeping the arm lock and throwing me. We learned some good stuff from him. I discarded the nonsense.

all of them are different people to experience Dim Mak, and different people to do the Dim Mak, and all of people who got the dim mak are the same response.

Dim Mak is hit points, it is not pressure points.

Only chinese have the Dim Mak masters, western coutries, i don't think there are real Dim Mak master. even have, they are also chinese.

Dillman has lost credibility in the MA overall; it's his own making. For me, he really done his credibility in when he spoke about "No Touch", and in that, how he could move people in line at a Starbuck, hence, he was able to go from the back of the line to the front of the line.

:roll:

**Proof is on the floor!!!