• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Just started pinan shodan

chrisw08

The other day was my second time to try pinan shodan and got it down ok now Im going to be working on the first 8 moves of that. It will be my first advanced kata besides won su but its short though.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Had a quick look at SR Pinan Shodan on You Tube.

I see, like Wado, your shodan is actually Nidan and vice versa. I love Shodan (Nidan in Shotokan) its probably the first Kata I did (particularly when I was training in Wado) where I actually felt like I was doing Karate.

Enjoy :)

OSU

Mine is kenshin kan shorin ryu matsumura seito. The leader of my style and grandmaster fusei kise. My kata is diffrent that the shotokan one some parts are the same.

Mine is kenshin kan shorin ryu matsumura seito. The leader of my style and grandmaster fusei kise. My kata is diffrent that the shotokan one some parts are the same.

But almost identical to Wado Ryu which I learned first.

OSU :)

I have a grading on Saturday for my 6th Kyu (Green Belt). Pinan shodan is the Kata for this grade. I could also be asked to perform pinan nidan and any two of the six ShioZuki that came in previous grades. I find the Pinan Kata to be the spirit of the Karate style, whatever school teaches it.

Look to the far mountain and see all.

I have a grading on Saturday for my 6th Kyu (Green Belt). Pinan shodan is the Kata for this grade. I could also be asked to perform pinan nidan and any two of the six ShioZuki that came in previous grades. I find the Pinan Kata to be the spirit of the Karate style, whatever school teaches it.

Good luck with your test...relax and have fun...let the test take care of itself.

Btw, Solid post!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

How did the grading go?

My Kihon was better than standard, my mwashi geri was a bit overbalanced at times but my punches in front stance were sharp. My padwork was very tiring, I had to go out to center myself after my effort. Sensei was pushing me hard and then the Kata - I performed Pinan Sandan twice and Shiozuki Godan twice. My Pinan Shodan has been better, one of the examiners asked me to repeat a section of it again. They must have been pleased, I was awarded 6th Kyu and a green belt.

Look to the far mountain and see all.

My Kihon was better than standard, my mwashi geri was a bit overbalanced at times but my punches in front stance were sharp. My padwork was very tiring, I had to go out to center myself after my effort. Sensei was pushing me hard and then the Kata - I performed Pinan Sandan twice and Shiozuki Godan twice. My Pinan Shodan has been better, one of the examiners asked me to repeat a section of it again. They must have been pleased, I was awarded 6th Kyu and a green belt.

Sounds like you worked hard and the award absolutely deserved. Congrats!

OSU

:)