• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Sensory Deprivation Combative Training... I'm telling Mom!

Happens everywhere with gun control, it seems to me. I live in the only state in the union with no legal concealed carry, ran politically by our most populous city, where gun violence is very high. Amazingly, the federal government has decided to uphold the Constitution and given the state 6 months to rectify this breach of the Bill of Rights. Being a law abiding person, I carry a 3 inch bladed knife, and a screwdriver. Both of which I use all the time for one thing or another. But I'm still at a major disadvantage if ever faced with a serious criminal. Thank you Big Brother...

My fists bleed death. -Akuma

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
"I told my mom on you, Uncle Bill."

Puzzled look. "For what?"

"For making me stare at a light bulb, then go into a dark room with loud music where someone is trying to stab me."

"Oh, you mean Thursday. Try to get a strobe light for next time, and I'll scream profanities from the sidelines."

Is this normal?

To be honest, we in the more "traditional" schools probably don't train enough using scenarios where the aggressor is shouting obscene, nasty things at someone and really getting the juices and emotions flowing. Learning to deal with trash talking, yelling and swearing in a confrontation are big part of the confrontation itself.

• 3 weeks later...