• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Shureido weapons

Hello, I was thinking about getting some kama and sai from Shureido. Are old fashioned sai better than natural? And does anyone know how much is shureido shipping to Australia?

Also, are there any other sai manufacturers that have good balance sai around $200 range?

Thanks!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Too broke to afford it but my sensai bought a shuredio bo and has shuredio sais. The sais are awesome looking. They look like combat weapons. Also if you ever get a bo from there here is something to know. Shuredio Bos are supposed to be impossible to break but my sensai train with a man and it broke. Guess what can break a shuredio bo? Another Shuredio Bo. Just thought id let you know on that so you dont make that mistake. That is about all I can say about it.

Century MA Supply makes some nice sai's and bo's at affordable prices.

But I don't know what beats anything made by Shuredio.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

chrisw08, sensei8, I agree, they do look awesome. Most of the high grades at the club have Shureido natural sai.

I've also found Worbington Steele website, his sai look quite good too. I've emailed Phillip Worbington about the price. Not sure how his sai compare to Shureido though.

I would go with the Shureido Kama and Sai.

For the money, Shureido Sai have the best fit and balance for me. They also come in a variety of sizes. I've even purchased special order sai from them in the past. IMO, the small and large sai have the best/liveliest balance, but for the medium size fit my length of arm best. I also prefer the old fashioned model. While the stainless steel are nice looking, they tend to get slippery.

Caveat, the natural finish Shureido sai, at least the ones that I have, can rust.

Please note that I haven't personally ordered Sai or Kama from Shureido in at least 10 years, so I can't say how their current wares are.

Chris

Chris

• 3 weeks later...

I ordered a pair of shureido natural finish sai 22 1/2 inches over the summer. Unfortunately they were quite large (I made a few errors measuring my arm lol)...... Anyway I sent those back and am on the waiting list for the 20" sai.

They are really well made from my two days with them. While they were too big, the grip was very comfortable. They don't slip like the typical chrome sai you buy. Also, and probably most important is that the welding holding the two tines to the middle shaft is much better than the typical sai you order online or at a martial arts store. Most of the time you end up with a bump between the tines (due to poor welding), but not with shureido sai.

Worbington are nice becasue they are customized to your fit, and probably pretty good too. I really can't say much about them cause I've never seen one.

Personally, I can't wait to get my sai. Shureido told me they will probably get a new shipment to the U.S. around november or december.