• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Grading Fees.

When I teach private as I do now I do not charge for tests. They pay for the belt and thats all I make 0.00. When I teach public lessions I charge 15.00 for a Kuy test. This covers belt, certificate, and some for me. LOL. However I don't worry about it if they don't pay. I do charge 100.00 for Dan tests. However I buy them a sword which I present to them as well and a black belt with their name and school name on it. Most of the time we loose 20.00 on a Dan test.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I have never paid for testing...do not pay for the belt OR the certificate that comes with it!

Now that I'm testing for blackbelt in...*gulp* 11 days (ugh...yeah right), I will start to pay, but not very much. $20 for a belt embroidery fee (we get our names and nicknames on our blackbelts...mine is "whammy" 'cuz it rhymes with my name), then $20 for a banquet fee. We're having this celebration thingy that everyone is invited to. It's a dinner, plus they're having a slide show of life pictures of all the testers. Then, if we pass, that's where we get our belts. Hopefully (and I really need to hope :o ) I'll have something to celebrate about!!

So it comes to $40 for a blackbelt test, regardless of degree. It used to be $100, but that was because our instructor had to pay other instructors to come in. Now he has more blackbelts and instructors of his own to come in. The last blackbelt test (back in January I think) was the first one to be free.

This next one is the first one with the $40 deal, dinner, etc.

They're calling it the Blackbelt Extravaganza.

But again, this'll be the first time I've paid for testing...excluding bribery, that is. :lol: j/k

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

When I promoted to 1st dan, it was $250, which included an instructors uniform (gold tassles) and the belt. Now I think it's $350.

My second dan was $500. I believe my third will be $750, but they may be re-thinking it. I'm not sure. I've got another 2 yrs before I can begin test for 3rd anyway. :cry:

Kuk Sool Won - 4th dan

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.

Over here in the UK i can walk into a shop and buy a black belt for about £3 (thats about $5 i think). I'm sure if i bought 10 or more i could get the price down a bit :wink: . and certificates probably cost about 20p each.

However if i want one with a 'masters' name on or an organisations name on it i'll have to pay £100-£150 (the price of embroidery, it's that 'gold' stitching wot does it :wink: )

for my 1st dan i paid £90 (to pay a grand master to fly over from korea)

I then paid £100 to take my 2nd dan in front of a panal of 5 masters.

Bretty

I pay £12 per grading. I also payed £12 for my gradings in Shotokan as well. But $800, thats like £500. WOW! Are you graded by a grand master or something?

Its an interesting question, because my Wado gradings took place at summer camps, where the panel was composed of 5-7 dans. For TKD, my panel was a KKW8, KKW7, and 2 KKW4s, and the friend of mine who payed $800.00 had a panel of three KKW4s only, so it doesn't seem to correspond to rank of examiners.

There have always been Starkadders at Cold Comfort Farm!

$300 for testing??? Dang!!

In my school there are no fees, for underbelts. Once you get to 1st dan, then it is $55 per test for each dan after that. Plus an additional $55 for other systems tests that is thru the B.D.F.S. say American Freestyle Karate or Shotokan Karate.

MonkeyNinja 8)

KSN Doug

Wow that price range is unreal. Does the Chief Instructor of your style come in and test you all?

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

Hey G95,

A master (5th degree or higher) must be at every black belt test. The Grand Master and founder, In Hyuk Suh, promotes every black belt personally. You can either make a road trip to Texas for this, go on the trip this October to Korea with him, or wait for him to make his once per year tour of the U.S. I believe he makes a couple stops in Europe as well.

If you live around Houston, like I did, you test every quarter for a minimum of two years. Since I moved up here, you only go through the riggors of a black belt test 1-2 times a year, but try and make it up with in school tests.

Kuk Sool Won - 4th dan

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.

I pay nothing for my test, uniform, belt, patches, etc. It's all inclusive in my tuition. Why do you pay to test? The belts in century's cataloge cost like, ten bucks. Except the blackbelts, embroiderd, cost 20 bucks.

Grrrrr,

Dee :karate:

Dee C.

Normal ( 'nor-m&l)-

an adj. used by humans to stereotype