• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Grading Fees.

I was talking to a friend who just tested for 1st dan in TKD at a "commercial (not a McDojo)" school,a dn he mentioned that he paid over $800.00 (US) fro Kukiwon certification, test fees, etc...

I also recently tsted to 1st dan with WTF, adn my test was $200.00 (US). Thinking back, I recall US WAdo-Kai Shodan adn Nidan testings were around $150.00, though this was in teh mid and late 80s.

I understand tha Shodan through the ISKF (Mr. Okazaki) is around $300.00, and through Mr. Nishiyama (ITKF/AAKF) is about 100.00.

What have members of the forum paid in test fees? Do your schools charge an additional test fee for kyu/gup promomtions?

One school in Seattel that shall remain nameless (Traditional Japanese Dojo, but very involved with teh USA-NKF and the "Olympic Karate" movement) charged $100.00, the equivalent to a month's training fees, for Kyu testing.

There have always been Starkadders at Cold Comfort Farm!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Test fees obviously vary from school to school depending on the types of "programs" they have set up. But generally speaking, as far as my system goes, the test fees start at $35.00 and then increase nominally(sp) every 2-3 ranks. Once you hit shodan, I think it is $150 and $250 from 2nd dan on.

Di'DaDeeeee!!!

Mind of Mencia

For Kyu gradings we pay $25 and for shodan it is $150 $800.00 seems completely unreasonable...

btw all prices mentioned are in Canadian dollars :)

Goju Ryu Karate-do and Okinawan Kobudo, 17 Years Old 1st kyu Brown Belt in in Goju Ryu Karate-do, & Shodan in Okinawan Kobudo

Given enough time, any man may master the physical. With enough knowledge, any man may become wise. It is the true warrior who can master both....and surpass the result.

I AM CANADIAN

yep forgot to mention ours includes the belt and certificate too :) $25 dollars Canadian is more or less ten British pounds so it looks like I seem to be paying the average :D

Goju Ryu Karate-do and Okinawan Kobudo, 17 Years Old 1st kyu Brown Belt in in Goju Ryu Karate-do, & Shodan in Okinawan Kobudo

Given enough time, any man may master the physical. With enough knowledge, any man may become wise. It is the true warrior who can master both....and surpass the result.

I AM CANADIAN