pirate333

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure this is the right place to post this, but the young fellow who told me he could defeat a gorilla with his hands and feet alone is a Shotokan karate brown belt, and has practiced Shotokan for six years. He is impressive, doing very fluid, balletic back high kicks and the like in front of me in a very flashy style. His contention is that the gorilla's greater strength would be offset by this man's skills in Shotokan and superior intelligence. I don't believe any human could defeat a gorilla in hand to hand combat unless the gorilla was very old or sick or debilitated in some way, due to the gorilla's far greater strength, speed and agility. But I didn't argue with the young fellow. Much of what he learned in Shotokan would not work, gorilla's don't move like humans. What do you think? All opinions appreciated.

What is it with Brown belts? Why are they so aggressive and uncontrolled? At ISKF Master Camp 2012 I heard a brown belt say he wants to stay a brown belt so that they could beat people up! The kicker is these brown belts aren't that good!

There is no superior style only different levels...

Huo Yianjia

What is it with Brown belts? Why are they so aggressive and uncontrolled? At ISKF Master Camp 2012 I heard a brown belt say he wants to stay a brown belt so that they could beat people up! The kicker is these brown belts aren't that good!

Ahem, can we not generalise please! There are lots of very level headed and mature Brown belts, even 10-3rd Kyus, particularly on this forum. I'm a Brown belt!

Ahem, can we not generalise please! There are lots of very level headed and mature Brown belts, even 10-3rd Kyus, particularly on this forum. I'm a Brown belt!

Snap!

Whilst I do love sparring I don't use it as an excuse to beat people up.

I'll generally up my game when sparring with more experienced members and lower it when sparring with less experienced. That way we all get something out of it.

Are you in the ISKF? Of course I'm only referring to the brown belts whom I have ran across, it would be illogical to think I meant every brown belt in the martial arts world! But I get your point...

I see that you are across the pond, I've seen some of the kumite match there those guys are pretty tough. They allow take downs and throws too... looks fun though!

There is no superior style only different levels...

Huo Yianjia

Are you in the ISKF? Of course I'm only referring to the brown belts whom I have ran across, it would be illogical to think I meant every brown belt in the martial arts world! But I get your point...

I see that you are across the pond, I've seen some of the kumite match there those guys are pretty tough. They allow take downs and throws too... looks fun though!

I had to defend my corner you'll understand! :D

Brown belt stage is a peculiar period in karate journey , it is like the period that you are shedding skin , techniques and fundementals of karate have been aquired by then to a reasonable level and brown belt is the time that you start to polish your technique and movements ,making them smoother and faster and more refined ,shortening the time in execution and etc ...and learning control !

must say brown belts were never the popular sparring partners , 1st kyu should be a lot smoother than a fresh 3rd kyu who is still in the beginning stages of learning to relax and to shorten their kime .

having said that I have seen some really good brown belts ,most of them though were talented individuals , I dont think there is any human being that can handle a gorilla in a bare hand fight .

never give up !

Maybe when the gorilla is like, 3 weeks old.

I was gonna say that but well said ! a world champion sumo wrestler with the heavyeight boxing champ and a 8th dan karate master all together cant beat a single gorilla ...absolutely no chance !

never give up !