• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

A reintroduction

Adam_XKT

Hi all,

My name is Adam. I'm a second-degree black belt in Okinawan Shuri-ryu karate. I began practicing karate in 2003 as part of a free, after-school program at my high school. I began teaching in 2005 and have done so ever since, save a few semesters of college when my schedule prevented me from participating. During one of these semesters two years ago, I began practicing tai chi chuan.

My instructor is now focusing on getting me ready for promotion to third-degree, which I suspect will take quite some time. It's exciting for me, but I'm concerned about a few things - namely, the fact that I've canceled classes for the next four months in order to restrategize goals for our program.

Glad to be back, and I hope to be able to utilize the resources available here as I seek promotion and continue growing in the arts.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Welcome... I wish that my tiny lil' hometown had programs like that. Good luck on 3Dan and school!

It is what you learn when you think you know everything that matters most! (unknown)

" I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself". (DH Lawrence)

"The only stupid question is the one that was never asked!!" (Me!!!)