• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What's bothering you right now?

FangPwnsAll7

I got yelled at by the big boss at my weekend job (which I actually like better than my "real" job) last night and I'm a little worried to go in today. One of the things I got yelled at for made total sense and I've been beating myself up for it all night and morning. The worst part was, it was in the area I'm supposed to be the best at and that I want to be in charge of for the entire department next summer and now I'm worried that that's not going to happen.

The other thing I got yelled at for was ridiculous and actually turned out not to be true, but my boss still told me I'm not allowed to go near one of my areas without specific permission every time even though I'm still responsible for it. So last night I had to call my supervisor just to get him to say "you have my permission to go up there" just to get some paperwork filled out that I need to do several times a day. It's degrading and unnecessary and it's not fair to me to have to ask permission like a little child just to do my job, it's not fair to my supervisor who has to stop what he's doing to give me that permission several times a day, and it's not fair to the employees in that section who don't have me available to go up there if they need me. It's just making me frustrated and mad and I'm confused because I'm not sure why he's imposing that ridiculous rule on me, but the guy scares the bejeezus out of me and doesn't like people who argue with him, so I'm not going to confront him about it. I'm not sure what I'm going to do...

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got yelled at by the big boss at my weekend job (which I actually like better than my "real" job) last night and I'm a little worried to go in today. One of the things I got yelled at for made total sense and I've been beating myself up for it all night and morning. The worst part was, it was in the area I'm supposed to be the best at and that I want to be in charge of for the entire department next summer and now I'm worried that that's not going to happen.

The other thing I got yelled at for was ridiculous and actually turned out not to be true, but my boss still told me I'm not allowed to go near one of my areas without specific permission every time even though I'm still responsible for it. So last night I had to call my supervisor just to get him to say "you have my permission to go up there" just to get some paperwork filled out that I need to do several times a day. It's degrading and unnecessary and it's not fair to me to have to ask permission like a little child just to do my job, it's not fair to my supervisor who has to stop what he's doing to give me that permission several times a day, and it's not fair to the employees in that section who don't have me available to go up there if they need me. It's just making me frustrated and mad and I'm confused because I'm not sure why he's imposing that ridiculous rule on me, but the guy scares the bejeezus out of me and doesn't like people who argue with him, so I'm not going to confront him about it. I'm not sure what I'm going to do...

Let the dust settle then arrange a 1-2-1 with your boss to discuss the events and the sanctions and the practicalities of them. As a former boss myself and having worked for some very senior bods, lots of decisions like this are made as a kneejerk reaction, based for subjective rather than objective reasons. Give it a few days!

Let the dust settle then arrange a 1-2-1 with your boss to discuss the events and the sanctions and the practicalities of them. As a former boss myself and having worked for some very senior bods, lots of decisions like this are made as a kneejerk reaction, based for subjective rather than objective reasons. Give it a few days!

Yeah. My supervisor told me he thinks they were all just frustrated about some mechanical problems we were having over the weekend that were causing major delays and so he probably took it out on me a little bit. Again, one of the things he yelled at me for was completely justified. It was just the other thing and the new rule that made no sense. I'm not too worried about it since there are only two weekends left until we're done for the winter, so I might just let it go and just stay away from that area for the next few weeks and hope I can get everything I'm responsible for done by delegation, which is how I got it done Sat and Sun. I just don't want conflict to be the last thing I give them at the end of the season because I don't want it forefront in their minds when they go to make the hiring decisions for next year. I really wanna be in management again. It's frustrating and demanding and high stress and the bosses do this kind of random stuff all the time (I think it's a product of the average age of our management team being about 22), but I still love it. It's challenging.

• 10 months later...
School is bothering me. I don't want to go.

But you want to go to your MA school, right? Well, they both teach something of great value...so...learning and training are quite the same thing. You have to find the good of it among all of the bad, and you might see that there's more good than bad.

Hang in there!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• 3 weeks later...

My final result is going to published on Wednesday, this is why I am curious and is bothering me right now.

I am Nepathynbt, I love almost all type of sports. My favorite sport is football, kickboxing and Martial arts. I joined this forum to share my knowledge about sports. Finally, would like to thank the dedicated team of Karateforums.com

Work !! It's that bad, I've involved in running a strike, running the night crew of pickets. An amazing experience. Win or loose, we've made a stand.

If you believe in an ideal. You don't own it ; it owns you.

Work !! It's that bad, I've involved in running a strike, running the night crew of pickets. An amazing experience. Win or loose, we've made a stand.

Are you getting paid to strike / picket? Just curious...

Remember the Tii!

In Life and Death, there is no tap-out...