• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hi everyone, I'm new here

pirate333

I recently went on a vacation to the Marine Corps museum, the Airborne and Special Operations museum, the decomissioned aircraft carrier the Yorktown, very interesting experinces all. The Marine Corps museum located in Quantico, Virginia is great, my wife and I spent all day there and we didn't see everything, it's very large, very impressive. I was disappointed that they didn't have a MCMAP training dvd for sale at their store, I'm very impressed with the little I know about MCMAP. The Special Operations and Airborne museum is in Fort Bragg, and is good, not nearly as big as the Marine museum but good, I'd recommend it. The Yorktown was quite impressive, anchored in Charleston, South Carolina if given a choice I would serve on an aircraft carrier.

At any rate, I've been away from formal training for some time. I don't have any idea if I can make the little I know work, no need to find out, I haven't been attacked. Well, that's all for now, I'm glad to be on board!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The Intrepid AASM is also very interesting, although I can only imagine that modern carriers are larger than those from the 30's and 40's...

It is what you learn when you think you know everything that matters most! (unknown)

" I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself". (DH Lawrence)

"The only stupid question is the one that was never asked!!" (Me!!!)