• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Training vs responsibilities

JustLuke

It sounds to me like the person ranting on needs to check his/her priorities. I'd be willing to bet a person like that doesn't keep steady jobs anyways, and has likely experienced a divorce. But, if that person is happy with that, then power to them. I just can't imagine that being a happy existence.

• 2 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I go to train everyday. If someone asks me to be somewhere or do something, I just tell them that I have karate. I never let anything get in the way of my training. Karate is a way of life.

:karate:

I'm happy that you feel so strongly about your training....however, "never" and "anything" are 2 very absolute words. After 40 years of time in, I would now never make such a statement. I agree that Karate can be a way of life, however, Karate is not life.

FP,

My apologies if I appeared harsh. When I was single and younger, martial arts training was high on my list of priorities. As I got older, married and had kids, and my responsibilities increased, my time on the floor decreased. My love of the arts did not lessen at all. In fact, the lessons that I learned on the dojo floor helped me be a better husband, father and person.

If you train correctly, have the right instructors and keep things in perspective, your training will become part of almost everything you do. You and It will be inseparable.

Now I understand that training does not occur solely on the dojo floor. Now I understand that proper martial arts training teaches much more than how to fight.

It takes more than four walls and a roof to make a dojo, and that it takes more than a tight fist to correctly practice the arts.

Make the world your Dojo!

Best,

Chris

Well said , I feel as though we have been training in the same dojo for years !

never give up !