• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Should i take Kickboxing and ju jits for self defense?

I am not sure what you people think Jujutsu is, but dont confuse it with judo, or some American watered down sport. No offence.

Jujutsu, is very complete, incorporating Locks, Throws, take downs, strikes and kicks. Also, jujutsu and Aikido are taught to the Japanese police, so is it works for a cop then it will work in the street. If it worked for a Samuari, then it is going to for in the street. lol.

omnifinite, Jujutsu, is nor modern nor watered down, depending on where you are taught ofcourse. Make sure that it is not a mcdojo jujutsu club. Kick Boxing is a sport, great for fittness and self confidence, that is probably the only reason that I would take it, not for the effectivness of the techniques. If however you are talking about Mauy Thai, then thats a very different story.

But the great thing about Jutsu, is that it is not a young man's martial art. It is one for life.

Take Care

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Why don't you watch a few classes and pick one to join. In my opinion either is a good place to start. See how it goes and if you are so inclined join the other class. BTW welcome to the forum and to MA. :D

I had to lose my mind to come to my senses.

omnifinite, Jujutsu, is nor modern nor watered down, depending on where you are taught ofcourse.

Yes, I didn't mean that any martial art itself is watered down... the trick is actually finding someone teaching the real thing.

1st Dan Hapkido

Colored belts in Kempo and Jujitsu

I think for traditional styles, the best combo is an okinawan karate and a traditional jui-jitsu. For modern MA, BJJ and Muay tai. I like the traditional combo better.

If you can't laugh at yourself, there's no point. No point in what, you might ask? there's just no point.

Many people seem to take Karate to get a Black Belt, rather than getting a Black Belt to learn Karate.

I have to agree that most arts are complete. I totally disagree with the idea of a complete art is outdated and I blame this on publicity. The problem is that no one stays with it long enough to get to that point. Someone watches a movie and they want to learn that lastest style. No one is true to their system anymore. TKD, Karate and Kung Fu artist can be effective on the ground. I guess no one really remembers why certain styles within a system would emulate a animal such as snake, which deals with a lot of ground strikes, sweeps and locks.

I guess when these arts came into existence no one ever thought of fighting on the ground.

Remember, there is nothing new under the sun. :D

In search of the Temple of Light

Kickboxing doesn't have Lots of strikes and they aren't hard to learn. Gives you a good base for striking naturally. It doesn't mess your mind.

That's why I recomend kickboxing first and then Ju jitsu which takes longer to learn.

just an opinion.