• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Should i take Kickboxing and ju jits for self defense?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
What sort of Jiu-Jitsu (JuJutsu, JuJitsu) is being taught at the gym? Kickboxing and some sort of grappling is a great combo for self defense. Muscle mass slowing down speed is a myth as long as you do it correctly. Perhaps ask in the health and fitness forum?

1st dan Tae Kwon Do

Yellow Belt Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

16 Years Old

Girls kick butt!

if you take just one, i would recommend kickboxing. but since u seem to be looking for self defense i would defintely recommend both, but maybe not at the same time. start one and once you like it start the other i guess.

It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, for the most essential things are invisible to the eye.

Always depends on what you want. It has always been my thinking that all the traditional MA's are complete arts, and dont need suppliment. Jujutsu, depending on the style of course is a really great MA, and you really wont need kick boxing.

Also sparating to arts in your mind especially if you are new, is really hard. So you wont do yourself or the art justice. Do jujutsu. just my opinuon.

Take Care

Kensai, no offense, but most (myself included) would think that type of logic towards completeness of an art outdated. Anyone who wants to be a "complete fighter" really would need to crosstrain. For example, if a TKD guy gets taken to the ground, 9/10 he has absolutely no idea what to do from there. If he has trained in judo or jiu-jitsu or submission wrestling he has a much better chance of getting out of that bad situation. Karate, TKD, and many styles of Kung Fu are "lost" once some thug who did high schoolwrestling for a year plants your butt on the floor - hard. Or if a standup fighter trips on a stone in the road when he is attacked - what now! The grappling game is so important, and I have yet to find an art that gives sufficient training in both a striking art and a ground art.

1st dan Tae Kwon Do

Yellow Belt Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

16 Years Old

Girls kick butt!

I would think kickboxing would be better for SD. I know Ju-Jitsu does a lot of nice stuff but for SD you do not want to go to the ground or get in a wrestling type situation. So I say take Kickboxing first and the move into Ju-Jitsu later if you wish.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."