• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Just had the training session from HELL!!!!!

Keep your head up that was my training session yesterday... I started my kata and then my mind went blank. I stood there with a DUH look on my face. I tend to laugh in those awkward situations and I chcuckled and started over.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hah, today I wasn't able to get to class until late. It was a breaking class, but I had no bricks (could not afford them) so I just took pictures.

Did spar after class, against a guy who was so much bigger than I am that I just flailed in a futile manner, trying to bust through his arms or slip past him to somehow reach him. His arms? Way longer than my legs. LOL. It was SAD.

But hey, I will learn from stuff like that too. Happens to us all!

http://kyokushinchick.blogspot.com/

"If you can fatally judo-chop a bull, you can sit however you want." -MasterPain, on why Mas Oyama had Kyokushin karateka sit in seiza with their clenched fists on their thighs.

Does taking a bad roll while being the demo dummy in kids class count? The kind that results in miles of taping and a limp for a couple of weeks? Because that's what I managed to do last night. Foot stuck on the mats, popped my ankle and knee and got to line up, bow out and dismiss class from flat on my back.

Kisshu fushin, Oni te hotoke kokoro. A demon's hand, a saint's heart. -- Osensei Shoshin Nagamine

Does taking a bad roll while being the demo dummy in kids class count? The kind that results in miles of taping and a limp for a couple of weeks? Because that's what I managed to do last night. Foot stuck on the mats, popped my ankle and knee and got to line up, bow out and dismiss class from flat on my back.

Ouch... just... ouch...

Shodan - Shaolin Kempo

███████████████▌█

A friend of mine broke her big toe on a missing mat tooth during her Sandan grading. She said that she just wanted to scream and throw up but didn't and carried on for another 1 1/2 hours to the end of her grading before she could just collapse on the floor for her husband to take her to A&E.

• 3 weeks later...

oh man, it happens to all of us. We all feel your pain.

For me, (with two young kids)....sometime I don't get enough sleep and I'm tired of my day at work etc...so my concentration's bad...... and oh man do I get in trouble.... Even spank behind the head.

I think, it's still better to go and do our best even if we fail at some point.

Cause not going won't be better.... You will still gain by going at some point.

Maybe far as good as usual but....It's still one more day of practice to add to your belt.

Keep it up.

This January I got surgery and had to stop for a month. I came back as soon as the doctor said it was safe and did little by little, as much as I could. I was so mad not to be able to jump,fall,fight,roll etc but still I was learning,trying and doing my best. That's the point.... If your tired,injured etc do what you can...it will still be better than nothing.

Knowing others is intelligence, knowing yourself is true wisdom.

Mastering others is strength, mastering yourself is true power.