• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Is there such thing as having 'too much dedication'?

How often do you go to karate a week? (on average)  

16 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you go to karate a week? (on average)

• 2 days or less
    • 3 or 4 days
    • 5 or 6 days

I think it should only be considered too much if its being detrimental to anything else you do. For example if its causing rifts between you an your family, or if your pulling a sickie from work to train (although this one could be excused haha).

Personally i only train twice a week for 2 hours each class although if i could i would train 7 days a week.

• 7 months later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Well since our class is from Monday to Thursday 5:30 to 8:00pm i go 4 times a week sometimes 3 and I only go to the intermediate class but on wed i go at 615 then i go to 7pm class kickboxing so wed i go 2 times a day hehehe im so dedicated hehehe

I love Shotokan Karate Do and American Kenpo Karate

I do four nights a week--three of those I help out with the kids' classes before my class. I basically have to stop training from the middle of June until the beginning of September because my insane summer job pretty much becomes my life for those months, so I try to train a little more intensively during the school year to make up for it.

I don't think there's such a thing as too much dedication. Different people have different goals and priorities. If someone loves martial arts so much they want to train in it 10 hours a day every day and can do so without getting hurt/making their family homeless, go for it. But I think for most working adults with other priorities, 2-4 times a week is still a pretty nice show of dedication.