• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Chuck Norris and the Gracie Family

I stumbled on the great historical footage that someone in Chuck Norris' organization posted on youtube (thanks to him, btw). It's a huge chunk of the clan teaching BJJ to some of Chuck's black belts in the late 80's.

Seriously, I don't know how many more legends you can put on a single mat.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Oh yeah. Chuck Norris is very much responsible for many of the Gracie's original work visa's when they came in from Brazil. Pedro Sauer has some amazing stories about it. Norris trained with the gracie's first in Brazil while filming one of the MIA movies.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

• 4 weeks later...

I think what it shows is how open minded he is. I can't remember who said it but the quote is " A good martial artists has a mind like a parachute. Keep it open you'll do fine but keep is closed it destined for failure."

Some of the best guys in the "business" have advanced training in BJJ. Chuck Norris and Dan Inosanto are two of the biggest names that also have black belts in BJJ. Bruce Lee had trained in Judo with Gene Lebell and, in my opinion, would certainly have trained BJJ too. When you train the art for some time, it really just makes sense. Not saying its better or anything (it is for me...but not everyone), just that it makes alot of sense.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."