• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What are the world's most recognized martial arts?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Hmm. In the US definately the McDojo version of TKD (Your check cleard, little timmy can have his 8th Dan, wont that make the other 2d graders jealous!). On the west coast , Shotokan (Mr. Nishiyama's Organization) and Shito-Ryu are faily prevalent. IN teh Rocky Mountain reagion, Shotokan, Wado-Ryu,and Goju-Ryu. On the East Coast, Shotokan ( Mr. Okazaki's organization) and the Okinanwan styles seem to be popular.

There have always been Starkadders at Cold Comfort Farm!

I would have to say that for you average person that is a non practioner, it would be TKD/Karate or Kung Fu.

For argument sake, I don't think to many people(non MA) know what BJJ is, or ever heard of it..

In search of the Temple of Light

What??? Karate is the most recognised Martial Art in the world alongside it would be Kung Fu and then Judo. If you asked anyone in the world if they knew a martial art they would say Karate. Hardly any of the people I know have ever heard of Tae Kwon Do. The fact is there is also more karate clubs in the world than that of Tae Kwon Do. Maybe in the USA but in the rest of the world Karate is the most practiced, recognised, and biggest Martial Art in the world.