• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What are the world's most recognized martial arts?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
I believe altough I could be wrong, TKD is the most praticed art in the world. But I mean if you stick to fairly large citys and towns you'll generally find some form of karate around too (normally either shotokan or goju). This is what my person observations have been...

Goju Ryu Karate-do and Okinawan Kobudo, 17 Years Old 1st kyu Brown Belt in in Goju Ryu Karate-do, & Shodan in Okinawan Kobudo

Given enough time, any man may master the physical. With enough knowledge, any man may become wise. It is the true warrior who can master both....and surpass the result.

I AM CANADIAN

TKD and Shotokan.

TKD for the world and Shotokan for the US. I think I read this a few years back in Blackbelt Mag.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

I don't think most look at Boxing and Wrestling when talking about most popular MA. However I do agree both may be one and two anywhere.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

As I understand it it goes,

1.TKD

2.Shotokan

3.Judo

4.Aikido.

These are the most practiced styles.

But I think in big cities, especially london, you can practice nearly every style from the Wudang to Shotokan.