• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Don't Take Your Instructor for granted

"Challenge is a Dragon with a Gift in its mouth....Tame the Dragon and the Gift is Yours....." Noela Evans (author)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Good Stuff, Being from a small area, The Bujin Clan has been incredibly fortunate to have been blessed with great teachers. It would be very foolish to take such great instruction for granted when it is so sparse in this area.

OSU, I agree.

I am very very lucky and blessed to have the great instructors that I do, and I know that they sacrifice a LOT to teach us. It's a lot of hard work and grief and money. I just love my school and adore my instructors.

Honestly I wish I could do more to help out.

What I DO though, is put my whole heart into my training. I try to always absorb what they tell me, always obey (they're trustworthy that way) and work on what they have taught me on my own time as well. They care enough to dedicate time to teaching me. I care enough to not take that for granted, and not just leave it behind when I walk out of the dojo.

OSU

http://kyokushinchick.blogspot.com/

"If you can fatally judo-chop a bull, you can sit however you want." -MasterPain, on why Mas Oyama had Kyokushin karateka sit in seiza with their clenched fists on their thighs.

• 3 weeks later...

I would never take my instructor for granted. I always train with what I got. I know that some other students, who are a higher rank than me, train badly on purpose, as if it were a joke. Let me just say that these students laugh and act immature. It's sorta picking up on the blue belts even, but not all. The white belts are better behaved. I always do what I'm supposed to. I'm a yellow belt so maybe if If I behave in the dojo then the higher ranks will.

:dodgy:

Tang Soo Do - Red Belt (2nd GUP)