• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Lack of sleep

shinobitribe

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone else goes through this... I find it very hard to fall asleep on the days that I don't train as I am not tired, sore, stiff, bruised, hurt, sprained etc.. :) ( other than not training, my day is exactly the same like any other day ie go to work, walk the same distance etc.).... I have tried reading and other things but they don't seem to work. It seems like my body has got used to a certain level of fatigue before it can shut down. Does anyone else experience this and any suggestions?

Thanks

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone else goes through this... I find it very hard to fall asleep on the days that I don't train as I am not tired, sore, stiff, bruised, hurt, sprained etc.. :) ( other than not training, my day is exactly the same like any other day ie go to work, walk the same distance etc.).... I have tried reading and other things but they don't seem to work. It seems like my body has got used to a certain level of fatigue before it can shut down. Does anyone else experience this and any suggestions?

Thanks

Funny, I usually have a hard time if I train hard at night. I get wired and can't sleep.

Matsubayashi Ryu

CMMACC (Certified Mixed Martial Arts Conditioning Coach)

I actually have a hard time sleeping every single night--it doesn't matter whether I train or not, I just get to lay there for at least an hour (usually more) before I finally fall asleep.

Kishimoto-Di | 2014-Present | Sensei: Ulf Karlsson

Shorin-Ryu/Shinkoten Karate | 2010-Present: Yondan, Renshi | Sensei: Richard Poage (RIP), Jeff Allred (RIP)

Shuri-Ryu | 2006-2010: Sankyu | Sensei: Joey Johnston, Joe Walker (RIP)

Judo | 2007-2010: Gokyu | Sensei: Joe Walker (RIP), Ramon Rivera (RIP), Adrian Rivera

Illinois Practical Karate | International Neoclassical Karate Kobudo Society

Chronic insomniac here. Wish I had an answer, haha!

Work out hard and practice on your days off too?

Or drink single malt???

Matsubayashi Ryu

CMMACC (Certified Mixed Martial Arts Conditioning Coach)

No such trouble here personally. Maybe try playing some fast paced video games? I know playing some fast paced fighting, shooting, and strategy games help get my blood flowing. I can't remember where I heard it, but I think I heard somewhere that you'll feel sleepier if your brain is working hard than if your body is. Strategy games are good for this. I personally would recommend Warhammer 40000: Dawn of War 2. It's fast paced and doesn't require as much macro decisions as Company of Heroes does (which would probably be my third choice to the Total War series of strategy/tactics games).

I would recommend against spending any time in front of a monitor when you have to sleep.

I have suffered from irregular sleep in the past, and the light a monitor emits will trick your body's circadian rhytm and make it harder for you to feel sleepy.

Try avoiding caffeine and computers/TVs late at night and avoid using your bed for anything other than sleeping or sex. If you cannot fall asleep - get up and read a book or do some menial task until you feel like you might be able to try again. The stress of knowing that you have an early day and cant fall asleep, tossing and turning in bed does not help you relax.

The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence,

but in the mastery of his passions.

Alfred, Lord Tennyson

I would recommend against spending any time in front of a monitor when you have to sleep.

I have suffered from irregular sleep in the past, and the light a monitor emits will trick your body's circadian rhytm and make it harder for you to feel sleepy.

Try avoiding caffeine and computers/TVs late at night and avoid using your bed for anything other than sleeping or sex. If you cannot fall asleep - get up and read a book or do some menial task until you feel like you might be able to try again. The stress of knowing that you have an early day and cant fall asleep, tossing and turning in bed does not help you relax.

Never heard of that before. I personally have never had issues going to sleep after watching TV/getting on a com. In fact, I know some people (actually a lot of people) who can't get to bed without the TV on. I actually find it a lot harder to get to sleep while I'm in the middle of reprofiling a knife than I do between rounds while playing, say, Soul Calibur.

Never heard of that before. I personally have never had issues going to sleep after watching TV/getting on a com. In fact, I know some people (actually a lot of people) who can't get to bed without the TV on. I actually find it a lot harder to get to sleep while I'm in the middle of reprofiling a knife than I do between rounds while playing, say, Soul Calibur.

I can't remember where the original research is found (I believe a German scientist made some breakthroughs last year) but Mark Sisson has an interesting article on it on his blog that is worth a read. I have included its link here

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/how-light-affects-our-sleep/

It is not hard to find other sources, though, if you are interested.

The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence,

but in the mastery of his passions.

Alfred, Lord Tennyson