• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Gi/Dobok patches!

Dojo emblem embroidered on the left breast (on some, most of my gi are blank). I'm a fan of simplicity.

"Karate is NOT about the colour of belt you wear it is about the person you become;...to be a good blackbelt is to be humble and respectful amongst other things." -Dobbersky

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

My Karate Gi has the JKA logo and JKA MANITOBA under it on the left side.

My old Judo Gi has some Japanese Kanji on the left breast as well.

Simple and straight forwards.

My BJJ Gi has seven patches on it, two on the pants...very different and took a long time to get used to them all.

Even monkeys fall from trees

The only approved patch for us is the Isshinryu Megami, and you have to be at least a yellow belt to wear it (which is our fourth belt, but it's when we start learning the Isshinryu kata-- before that it's preparatory kata from other styles). I'll admit, though, I ironed on a wee ninja patch to the bottom flap of my gi top. Some people may have gotten a flash of it, but it's generally covered so only I know it's there.... I like my wee ninja...

On the karate Gi I only have a Sprawl patch on the lower right leg.

My BJJ gis have several, mostly manufacturer, team, and association patches. One pair has a Spartan helmet & MOLON LABE patch on the upper right thigh.( team motto)

My BJJ competion Gi has a team patch on the back & lower left leg, association team patch on left thigh, and manufacturer patch on lower right.

You can put several on a Gi without it looking like a NASCAR but you have to choose the placement carefully.