• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Weave is really preference. Although lighter weights can be nice for summer training, I've always liked a heavier double or gold weave.

As to brand, my go-to brand is Atama. I've had a couple of variants in double weave and now I have their gold weave and it's really quality for value. OTM always does good product for the value as well. My favorite jacket is a Lucky, but their price is obnoxious and their pants have had issues with quality control in the past. however, if you find a second hand jacket I'd strongly recommend them.

Which brands do you guys like? Why? What about the various weaves, etc? Found this website:

http://www.aesopian.com/320/bjj-gi-survey-results/

I like my hemp gi from Datsusara (dsgear.com) and before I got that I just used a cheap Chinese judogi I found on eBay. Mizuno is extremely popular in judo, and many BJJ people also use them, and I know that Atama is a popular brand as well.

Kishimoto-Di | 2014-Present | Sensei: Ulf Karlsson

Shorin-Ryu/Shinkoten Karate | 2010-Present: Yondan, Renshi | Sensei: Richard Poage (RIP), Jeff Allred (RIP)

Shuri-Ryu | 2006-2010: Sankyu | Sensei: Joey Johnston, Joe Walker (RIP)

Judo | 2007-2010: Gokyu | Sensei: Joe Walker (RIP), Ramon Rivera (RIP), Adrian Rivera

Illinois Practical Karate | International Neoclassical Karate Kobudo Society

One thing I don't like about Jiu Jitsu Gi's is all the advertising on the Gi. Otherwise excellent Gi's

"Challenge is a Dragon with a Gift in its mouth....Tame the Dragon and the Gift is Yours....." Noela Evans (author)

I've worn Sho Yo Roll, Atama, Gameness, HKK, and On the mat. Then I bought a Fuji gi. Best gi i've ever owned. I will never buy anything other than fuji. Inexpensive, doesn't shrink, and holds up very well.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

• 1 month later...
I've used pro Pro Force judo gis and I'm currently using Krugens. I like my Krugens but there are many I'd like to try but money stops me.

That is a dirty lie Pittbull and we both know it. It's not money, but the lack there of that keeps both of us from having half a dozen good quality gis.

Currently rolling around in a ProForce Gladiator gi. I know, slumming by some standards, but fits my needs. Good heavy weave, which I like, a nice feel and it holding up fine for now. Oh, did I mention I didn't mortgage the house to get it?

Kisshu fushin, Oni te hotoke kokoro. A demon's hand, a saint's heart. -- Osensei Shoshin Nagamine

• 3 weeks later...

I know we are talking about material and colours, but what about colours?

I know a lot of Jujutsuka wear white or blue as an influence of Judo. After wearing a white gi for many years, I noticed that it used to yellow around the neck and under the arms.

I've changed to a black gi (which my sensei also wears) and I'm liking it...

Top Contributor at

http://www.japaknees.co.uk/

The Academy of Martial Arts Knowledge

I've got a couple of white, a blue and a black. They get mixed and matched at will. I really don't have a preference.