• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Thigh Kicks, Shin Blocks!

Dobbersky

It also avoids a lot of issues with "they tried to attack me, therefore it was completely reasonable to break every limb of their body then cut them twenty-eight times with a knife over the next ten minutes while they were helpless before shooting them in the head just as the police and ambulances arrived!" problems that your interpretation above would consider completely justified.

Lying about someone attacking you is a completely different situation than someone actually attacking you, as is someone believing someone was about to attack you but didn't actually do so. If someone actually attacks you, they are pretty much asking for anything they get in return up to and including death. The bottom line is that they would have no force from you if they didn't attack you in the first place. I see nothing wrong with breaking a guy's neck who jumps me in a dark alley, or tries to mug me, etc.

By the way, I think this discussion would probably be a better fit in the politics of martial arts section. Laws that turn victims into criminals make about as much sense to me as laws banning nunchucks.

Matsubayashi Ryu

CMMACC (Certified Mixed Martial Arts Conditioning Coach)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This makes me think of Rodney King, may he rest in peace. He was about double the blood alcohol limit, and ran from cops doing over 80 while seriously impaired in a residential area. For all the lives he endangered, he DESERVED a severe beating.

However, the LAPD had zero business giving him said beating. After their actions and subsequent acquittals, dozens of people were killed in senseless riots.

The law allows what is necessary, but nor necessarily what is deserved. As far as disarming and stabbing, you should be fine so long as they are still actively attacking you. You can't, however, stick them while they are down and helpless, and you should not re-engage from a distance with the weapon. Whatever you do, if you really hurt someone in self defense, take the Miranda rights seriously and shut up.

My fists bleed death. -Akuma

This makes me think of Rodney King, may he rest in peace. He was about double the blood alcohol limit, and ran from cops doing over 80 while seriously impaired in a residential area. For all the lives he endangered, he DESERVED a severe beating.

However, the LAPD had zero business giving him said beating. After their actions and subsequent acquittals, dozens of people were killed in senseless riots.

Not to get too off topic but the Rodney King incident was a bit more involved than just that. King was acting in a bizarre fashion when he exited the car and one of the officers felt he was reaching for a gun so she got him to lie down on the ground. When officers went to handcuff him he began to resist and push officers away as he tried to stand up. A TASER was used to no effect and right where the tape starts you see King gets up off the ground and move towards one of the officers. It was a combination of improper training and lack of judgment that caused the beating more than a malicious attitude.

I think ALL "GUNS" should be banned in every country! As too many innocents get killed from them!

Now bringing the Thread BACK to the topic.

Most of Okinawan Arts use low kicks in their arsenal but why do they not get used in competitions. I get fed up of the No low kicks competitions that are about, BUT they allow punches to the face!

I had the chance of a Local Club doing a Semi-Contact "100-man Kumite" but they weren't allowing Low Kicks, for Charity. I decided against it as i didn't want my guys disqualified for too many low kicks especially after paying an "entrance fee" too and getting sponsors etc for the charity!

"Challenge is a Dragon with a Gift in its mouth....Tame the Dragon and the Gift is Yours....." Noela Evans (author)

Never having done Mauy Thai and never used a shin block, I had a quick skiz on You Tube and found this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mHG2cSTO0k

I think I'll pass on MT! :o

DoctorQui,

When you pop down to my Dojo, I'll show you how to "Work" the Shin block correctly and yeah that video is 'orrible

He probably had a small hairline fracture from over training he wasn't aware of or kicked at the wrong angle, but if you notice its smack in the middle of his shin where it broke, I think its one of every Knockdown Karateka and Muay Thai fighters worst nightmare

"Challenge is a Dragon with a Gift in its mouth....Tame the Dragon and the Gift is Yours....." Noela Evans (author)