KI Power

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good points, just to let you know, India who taught the Chinese Martial Arts figured this out first. But anyway, it is true that you may tap into this life force all on your own. In Karate, it is called your hara. That is the center area. The hara is what makes you heavy or light as a feather. I have tapped into this when I have had 8-9hour practices and have forgotten water. It can be used for rejuvination. My own personal experience

"Never hit a man while he's down; kick him, its easier"

Sensei Ron Bagley (My Sensei)

I do not dispute other people's beliefs but i MUST agree with thaiboxerken there... KI is supposed to be some magical mystery thing which can unleash huge amounts of power... great... so can a fart :lol: ...

Chi is more of a religious thing than anything else... There are very few chi masters and for any of them to be beaten is kinda weird don't u think? If it's so magical then why don't they fireball the thaiboxers?? No offense to anyone, i kinda believe in Chi... I see it as controlled rage... See my post in the General section.

Angus. :karate: :up:

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear.

Iv'e also learned a bit about Ki.

I don't know what to believe, I will only believe in the things I can see and interact with......

Fear is just a feeling that you have to overcome, it cannot hurt you. Only panic is a deadly act!

Afraid not...Ki (Japanese)

Gi(Korean)

Chi(Chinese)

All mean the same thing "UNiversal Force".

They are just different names in different languages..that have the same meaning.

Don't confuse the fact that most religions(especially Eastern), use meditation to achieve oneness,,with that being only connected to religion.

Chi can also be used to heal or kill. The same pressure point that can heal..can also kill.

All three use the one point to concentrate strngth..but It has nothing to do with religion..it has to with with learning to contrll the body.

Accupressure,,and accupuncture, as well as Reiki use Chi, Ki, Gi. That universal force..these are not religions..they are healing arts.

Peace,

Tae

Kyoshi Deborah R. Williams 7th Dan

Founder/Senoir Instructor Tae Su Jutsu

Board member International Martial arts Association.

"Before destruction one's heart is haughty, but humility goes before honor."

Proverbs 18:12

The concept of Chi is a very complex element of Eastern philosophy and therefore, very difficult to explain. Given the amount of space you have Lars, I think your explanation is excellent. However, there are a few concepts of Eastern philosophy that Westerners often make the mistake of incorrectly associating with Western ideals.

The idea of Philosophy itself is often misunderstood. It's not religion. Religion can be a part of philosophy but philosophy, in and of itself, isn't religious. Philosophy is the analysis of knowledge, of culture, of religion, or any kind of belief structure.

Buddhism and Taoism are two religions that heavily influence the concept of Chi. To be fair to all religions it's best to attempt to present Chi in a non-religious manner, while still adhering to it's Eastern conceptual roots.

Chi is the essence of all existance. The universe, the stars, rocks, dirt, people, you name it. If it exists it is and it has Chi, for Chi is the fundamental of existance itself. Many Christians associate it with the soul, which is only partially correct.

Origins of Chi: Normal or Upright Chi(zheng-qi) or True Chi(zeng-qi) refers to all Chi in the body as a collective.

Sources of Chi: Original Chi(yuan-qi) we get from our parents. Grain Chi(gu-qi) we get from food. Natural Air Chi(kong-qi) we get from breathing air.

Chi has numerous functions, far too many to name. Each function has a corresponding type of Chi. e.g. Heart Chi and Lung Chi are the same substance but perform different activities. Each organ of the body stores it's own kind of Chi. The meridians are the pathways which are travelled by all the forms of Chi. It's at the pressure points where all the forms merge, which is what makes them so important. The area bellow the navel which you spoke of is where all the forms converge in abundanec, which is why it's so important to martial artists. If it's controlled properly it can be moved to different parts of the body and exploded outwards. The uses are numerous.

To associate it in non-denominational Christian terms it may be understood as "The breath of God." The soul, however, is more complex.

Jing is the substance that exists within organic life. We get it from our parents and the food we eat. Shen, a difficult concept to define, is unique to human life. It's like the energy that allows us to have an intellect. If the brain is the organic representation of the mind and the recepticle of thought, then Shen is the energy that allows thought to occur. The combination of Jing, Shen, and Chi, are closer to the Western concept of the soul than is Chi alone.

Philosophy is a pretty heavy area of academia. I hope you all have the patience to read my long winded post. :smile:

-Jennifer

Life is jest and all things show it.

I thought so once, but now I know it.

If chi is considered a source of energy/life that runs through all things... It is a religious belief. A myth that is often adhered to by eastern philosophy. Myths are religion. I don'g believe in the Chi power of healing or destruction, because it doesn't exist. It is only believed to exist. It's as real as God is.

Just kick 'em, they'll understand.- Me

Apprentice Instructor under Guro Inosanto in Jun Fan Gung Fu and Filipinno Martial arts.

Certified Instructor of Frank Cucci's Linxx system of martial arts.