• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How often do you train?

BarbedTerror

I'm only getting in 2 hours in the Dojo per week. You guys are hardcore!

I'm either attending the basics classes or a fight class on friday evenings.

While you're only getting 2 hours in the dojo per week, it's still much better than none at all. I bet that those 2 hours are productive across the board. Making the time is important in your MA journey; little overcomes none!!

I'm not hardcore, I just have more time available for myself to do what I love.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the moment, I'm training 2 to 4 times a week plus about every day just the odd 10 idle minutes between things. I teach once or twice a week, and am definitely counting it as a learning experience. Some years ago I realized that teaching is needed to continue developing my Karate; and still there has been no class that I feel I learned less than my students.

There was a time once when I didn't train for over a month - I had two broken ribs - that time made me really grumpy...guess I need Karate as a relieve valve for excess energy or so...

Another period in my life I trained 6 times per week 3 hours each, plus 1 hour on the seventh day...oh was I fit then...after six months little injuries started to accumulate, it was too much...helped me digesting certain things, though :)

------------

Goju Ryu (Yushinkan since 1989), Shotokan (JKA since 2005)

Mon- 1.5 hrs Goju-Kempo

Tue- 1 hr Kobayashi Shorin Ryu

Wed- 1.5 hrs Goju-Kempo

Sat- 2hrs Kobayashi Shorin Ryu

"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence." -Mahatma Gandhi

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit." -Aristotle

Mon- 1.5 hrs Goju-Kempo

Wed- 1.5 hrs Goju-Kempo

What's the difference between your Tuesday and Saturday class considering one is 1 hour and the other is 2 hours?

**Proof is on the floor!!!

At age 64, and 2nd Dan, I train at home consistently twice a week with sessions lasting 2.5 - 3 hours. Since January of this year, I've added Tekki Shodan, KankuDai, & Hangetsu to my existing WTF/ChangMooKwan repertoire. That would have been unthinkable at my last Dojang where I was the Senior student ( in age & rank ).

My workout also includes Yoga, Tai Chi, & ends with Meditation.

Oh yeah ... Added Kettlebells a couple months ago.

Gaijin53

2nd Dan WTF

Central Alabama, USA

I go 4 times a week to practice at the dojo and the other three days I practice by my own

The ultimate aim of the art of Karate lies not in victory or defeat, but in the perfection of the characters of its participants.

Mon- 1.5 hrs Goju-Kempo

Wed- 1.5 hrs Goju-Kempo

What's the difference between your Tuesday and Saturday class considering one is 1 hour and the other is 2 hours?

For the most part, Saturday is learning new techniques and Tuesday is reinforcing what we learned Saturday.

"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence." -Mahatma Gandhi

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit." -Aristotle

I do anywhere from 6-9 hrs dojo time per week spread over three days, Mon/Wed/Fri, all dependent upon work and home commitments. As I travel 1+1/2 to 2 hours each way to my dojo it can be challenging at times!

I train Judo, Kyokushin, Arnis and general fitness with my brother (or solo) on Tues/Thurs/Sat.

Usually cardio and endurance (running and circuits), weapons drills and training as well as a few break falls and throws/takedowns.

If I feel up to it, or have missed a Kyokushin class, Ill try to get to a Muay Thai class on Thurs nights, but at present Kyokushin is my primary training method so thats where my priority lies.

Sunday is my day off, and focussed on housework, as well as quality time with my better half.

"We did not inherit this earth from our parents.

We are borrowing it from our children."

• 4 weeks later...

Outside of the dojo, I train every day to some extent or other. On my "rest" days (muscle recovery days), I still do gentle stretches and kata nice and easy and slow (good way for me to focus on form and control). On "hard" days (hard karate / workout days), well, I think most here know what hard personal workouts are... :karate:

In addition, we (my instructor and I) have class / in-dojo training 4 days of the week: Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday evenings for 2 - 3 hours each, then Saturdays for 6 - 8 hours. The ranges take into account after-hours personal training we give to students.

Remember the Tii!

In Life and Death, there is no tap-out...

4-5 times per week. I incorporate x- training as well.

The past is no more; the future is yet to come. Nothing exist except for the here and now. Our grand business is not to see what lies dimly at a distance, but to do what's clearly is clearly at hand...Lets continue to train!