• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How often do you train?

BarbedTerror

well i go to class 4 times a week sometimes 3 depending if im not going anywhere and i go to Intermediate and advance classes and i train at home atleast 7 days a week about 45 min to 1 hour

I love Shotokan Karate Do and American Kenpo Karate

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I train every day - and teach 3x a week - Years ago I asked my Kung Fu Teacher how much he trained - his reply was " I'm always training - when I'm walking - driving - talking to you now........ " . It took a while to understand - many of my lessons were learned after an early practice with my teacher having Yum Cha - ( Chinese Breakfast ) or @ lunch - Dinner or just hanging out with him.

I've slowly crept up to 4-5 times a week, split between two different dojos. Once I grade for 3rd kyu (hopefully April) I will be able to attend a kumite class on another day and bump that to 5-6. And if either of the dojos had adult classes on Friday I would be there then too! I also run and do weights at the Y.

Train 4 to 5 times per week, attend class 3 times per week. Many times instead of watching TV I'll work on Kata, or focus on a particular technique.

May I say that this site is a really good idea.

Hope to be visiting it more often.

OBI Karate School of Virginia

5465 C Virginia Beach Blvd

Virginia Beach, Va 23462

Twiter: @obikarate ( http://www.twitter.com/obikarate )

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Don't mean to bump this topic up, but I would like to ask what motivates people to train everyday? I mean on a more personal level, I do want to train in my spare time and would appreciate some opinions.

Basically what I'm asking is what everyone's driving force that makes them do this?

"It's not the style that's important, it's the practitioner. No style is superior to the other if you practice and train hard, ANY style can be effective."

- Me!!!!!!!

I must admit I don't train every day. I visit the Dojo once a week and do at least 2 or 3 sessions a week by myself or with my training partner. I admire people that train every day, but I question the quality of that training - surely your body needs time to recover. I think quality is much more important than quantity.

Look to the far mountain and see all.

I may not train each and every day because of my teaching duties and the like, however, I do believe that while I'm teaching, I'm also training to some degree. My betterment isn't ignored.

Teachers have AHA moments even while they're teaching.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Sometimes its a bad day at the gym that motivates me more, or something that happened at work that I want to be better prepared to deal with that I want to improve on. It just depends. Some days are easier to get out and train than others.