• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

I train every other day in Karate, I do Qi Gong every morning, I train with my Sensei once a week. I try and have at least two runs every week, if the weather is bad, I use my rowing machine for 20 minutes a time.

Look to the far mountain and see all.

• 1 month later...

Karate is a lifestyle. Meaning a true karateka is always training. I suggest you train as often in the dojo setting as your time allows. Training at home everyday is where karate advances. Kick in the am, punches, blocks, stances, etc. your body must be accustomed to the movements. As human beings, we differ from the animal kingdom in thought, strategy, reasoning. Use all the tools God has given you and apply the physical and philosophical aspects of karate in everything you do. For me, I train everyday. This does not mean in the dojo 7 days a week. But what you sew you will reap. Train hard and the preciseness of your techniques will blossom, it has to. The guy that trains once per week cannot progress as the one who is driving the training, driving the techniques. Nothing happens by itself, you have to cultivate it. So train man train.

SP Sarasota/Bradenton Florida USA,

Train for life. Teach with passion and love.

Karate is a lifestyle. Meaning a true karateka is always training. I suggest you train as often in the dojo setting as your time allows. Training at home everyday is where karate advances. Kick in the am, punches, blocks, stances, etc. your body must be accustomed to the movements. As human beings, we differ from the animal kingdom in thought, strategy, reasoning. Use all the tools God has given you and apply the physical and philosophical aspects of karate in everything you do. For me, I train everyday. This does not mean in the dojo 7 days a week. But what you sew you will reap. Train hard and the preciseness of your techniques will blossom, it has to. The guy that trains once per week cannot progress as the one who is driving the training, driving the techniques. Nothing happens by itself, you have to cultivate it. So train man train.

Spot on.

In my dojo, we train Tuesday 5:00pm-7:00pm, Weekends 10:00am-12:00pm

Me and a few other students take extra classes though.

"It's not the style that's important, it's the practitioner. No style is superior to the other if you practice and train hard, ANY style can be effective."

- Me!!!!!!!

I train Monday and Thursday evenings and Saturday morning. Usually I'm teaching the lower levels so I may spend extra time training with my Sensei on my own stuff.

Sho-Dan, Shorin-Ryu Karate USA Under the Direction of Grand Master Ansei Ueshiro.

Sensei : Judy Barnhart, 8th Dan, Hanshi

Okinawan Karate Dojo, Merritt Island, Florida

I train almost every day. I go to the Dojo on Thursdays and every other Saturday to teach, but my home Dojo I train every night. I go over the basic 15 Kata and then some favorite advanced Kata.

On the days I train at the club I try to do some Kumite both days.

Kihon waza is a bit of a warm up for me and I try to basically go at it like that. If I find a weak point then i will work on it a tad.

I also jog alot now and I am starting to stretch out more and more. I also have a new interest in Jiu Jitsu but not taking it for more than just an interest as I dont want the distraction, not looking at being a black belt in BJJ any time....just suplamentation and interest. Like my interest in Goju Kata I still go back to shotokan daily.

Even monkeys fall from trees