BarbedTerror

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I train 4 out of 6 available sessions at my primary club and have recently started doing one of the other days at a new club and different style (Goju Ryu). My Shotokan club is great for kata, kumite and sparring BUT it doesn't really do any self defence or technical application of style which I hope Goju Ryu will.

In last week's karate seminar i attended we did three, 1.5hour long training sessions.

Sat morning-Sat evening-Sun morning and to get through the whole seminar i was taking 2x Energy Inducing pills (DymaBurn from Dymatize) before each session to help me keep my focus and energy up. I ended up feeling exhausted for the following 2-3 days after but the big grin on my face and calmness of mind i obtained was priceless.

To summarize, the body needs its time to recover as mentioned above and too much Karate can be beneficial but only on rare occasions such as this.

All the time really. In that I mean I'm always thinking about martial arts, what I need to train, what I'm gonna teach, how to handle various situations ect...

Acutally in the academy about 12 hours per week.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

Time in the donor is about 4 hours a week. Attributes, conditioning, strength etc., get at least 30 minutes 3 to 4 times a week. Like ps1 said though, I'm studying other forms, applictionsand techniques on my own at every chance. A few minutes here or there to consideranangle of attack or defense is training.

Kisshu fushin, Oni te hotoke kokoro. A demon's hand, a saint's heart. -- Osensei Shoshin Nagamine

I get about 6 hours a week in on a normal week. Not to mention the time spent reviewing text and video. When I geear up for a competion it picks up with extra conditioning. Which means my cardio needs to be picked up.

I Go Every Day Except Wednesday's Now Sometime's I Go Wednesday's

Cause I Love To Train. I Guess I Got Bit By A Karate Bug Classes Are

Monday-Saturday. :wink:.

A sword is a weapon. Swordsmanship is learning how to kill. That is the truth. What Miss Kaoru says... ...is play-talk that only those who have never stained their hands can say. When I See That Female Again From BK. I Will Kick Her Behind For Disgracing Me And My Friends Honor.

2-4 times a week, each 1hr+ long. BJJ and NoGi Grappling are also offered

Original post

My school has four days they are open. Mondays and Tuesdays are A days, Wednesday and Thursday are B days. You can attend anywhere from 0 to 4 classes a week (price is same regardless). my instructors recommends you go to at least one A and one B day a week. The only difference between A and B days is the types of drills we do.

For example:

On A days, we do Techniques, Kicks on pads, Various strikes and drills, etc.

On B days, we do Sparring, work on heavy bags, forms, etc.

The classes are 30 minutes to an hour long, depending on which ones you go to.

There are also grappling and BJJ classes offered that I attend (once a week for an hour for each), as well as ZUMBA (which I do not partake in).

Did I over-explain this? Probably.

Edited by vantheman

Van

• 2 weeks later...