• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Wing chun meetups Bayonne nj area

Im from Bayonne nj and I'm just looking for anyone that knows wing chun or that wants to learn so I can have a partner because you all know wing chun should be learnt with a partner,and plus the only schools that teach wing chun are in new York which is really far from where I live

Respect,practice,dedication

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

First of all...Welcome to KarateForums.com!!

Secondly, with the amount of members here, I'm almost sure that you'll receive some info and the like to help you.

I'm sorry that I'm of no help to you.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Thanks!! And its completely fine I'm pretty sure I'll find somebody like you said I wasn't to sure about the type of karate style to choose until I saw ip man the movie and then I decided to learn wing chun because where I live all people do is swing wildly so since wing chun is close combat it's easier to defend myself :)

A number of arts work in similar ranges. Maybe if you can do some research on what is available in your range, some of us might know a bit about the teachers/schools/arts in question. Not all arts are available in all places, alas.

Another consideration is that in recent years, wing chun the art had a severe political splintering. So you might try looking for variant spellings of the name, things like that.

"Anything worth doing is worth doing badly." - Baleia

Well here in Bayonne there about 7-8 martial art school that teach either ju jitsu or tae kuan do that's really it I wondered myself of why there are no other arts here but I couldn't find out so it's hard to learn wing chun where I live

I did a quick google maps search "martial arts baronne new jersey". I see a lot of BJJ schools near the NJ turnpike and south of the Baronne Bridge, but north of the bridge, along Broadway (everything is on Broadway, apparently) near City Park were some isshinryu and okinawan Karate schools and aikijujutsu.

There is probably also other people doing stuff that doesn't show up on a map. Martial arts schools often have a hard time paying for their own space that they have freely enough to advertise in. Check the schedules at the bigger schools for odd things stuffed into the margins, check coffee shop bulliten boards, ask around. Expect that you probably are going to have to settle for something that wasn't exactly what you wanted, but if you try to find a good school that meshes with you, you can probably find something good.

I don't know how far your travel range extends, so I didn't put much effort into expanding the search past that. With 'kid' in your name, I presume that you aren't going to be able to jump in a car for a 50 mile journey on a whim; you refer to NYC as being "far away" and it was pretty close in relatively speaking.

If your range is small, you are generally advised to find the best teacher you can get to rather than being able to shop through the whole world of arts available.

"Anything worth doing is worth doing badly." - Baleia

Thank you for your critique and yeah I'm actually 17 years old but I will ask around my area and see if there is something here that can connect with the martial arts I want to learn maybe there is something here that can portray into it broadway is like where mostly everything is as you saw and I would go to a new York school but for me to get there would be an hour then plus I still have to get a ride to the place or walk so that why I was looking to see if there was anyone close or anyone that would like to learn so we would be able to train together but what do you think would be best to learn that would be connected with the wing chun art?

• 4 months later...