• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

It is a very big decision but one that needed to be made.

Good luck and enjoy the time you've gained with the family and friend you hold dear

"Challenge is a Dragon with a Gift in its mouth....Tame the Dragon and the Gift is Yours....." Noela Evans (author)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Best of luck tallgeese :)

Understand where you're coming from with the loyalty side of things but having a new instructor is a great opportunity to see things from a different perspective and get a fresh look on your training.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

Tallgeese is changing "family" and that is why it feels so hard. Maybe it's a consious idea that bjj clubs build a tribe or a family so that people will stay with the same instructor? Maybe it comes from history of sharing knowledge that is precious and it leave students in debt?

The idea of social network - family is good. It will clue students and make them practise more, but there is no debt, if one pays for classes.

Idea of changing instructors is essential for personal development!

(Often also doing multible martial arts:-)

Tallgeese - your a big man - you know how to make friends:-)

I am sure that very one can understand your situation. If not, it's there loose.

Tallgeese is changing "family" and that is why it feels so hard. Maybe it's a consious idea that bjj clubs build a tribe or a family so that people will stay with the same instructor? Maybe it comes from history of sharing knowledge that is precious and it leave students in debt?

The idea of social network - family is good. It will clue students and make them practise more, but there is no debt, if one pays for classes.

Idea of changing instructors is essential for personal development!

(Often also doing multible martial arts:-)

Tallgeese - your a big man - you know how to make friends:-)

I am sure that very one can understand your situation. If not, it's there loose.

Solid post!!!

"Challenge is a Dragon with a Gift in its mouth....Tame the Dragon and the Gift is Yours....." Noela Evans (author)

45 minutes translates to 1.5 hours there and back. A good school 5 minutes away saves a lot of time, about 10 hours a week that could be spent with family or X-box. So as long as you like the new place and can learn there, it definitely makes sense. I don't think you'd have any problem visiting your old school once in a while to catch up with your friends there. I hope it works well for you.

Totally agree with that, a no-brainer if you will. Hard to leave a group of good folks you train with, but that's life. Good thing is that you will inject new things in to the new group and get the same in return. Good luck!

Matsubayashi Ryu

CMMACC (Certified Mixed Martial Arts Conditioning Coach)

How are things going in the new academy?

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

First up, sorry for the tardiness of my replies here, I've had the family on vacation for the past week or so.

LP, the new school is a Renato Tavares affiliate. The coach here got his black belt under Renato.

ps1, as I've been away, I've only gotten a couple of group classes under my belt to date. However, it was a good vibe on both occasions and since I've trained with so many of the guys here off and on it's going smoothly so far. Thanks for asking.