• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Last night I had my instructor to my school for a small seminar. At the end of the night we were promoting some of my students when my instructor turns to me and puts the third and fourth stripes on my belt. He then goes on to tell everyone I will be testing for my black belt in February.

It seems unreal that it's even possible for this to happen. It's been almost 9 years since I removed my black belt from my waist (Shotokan, Aiki-Jujitsu, and Chuan Fa) and decided I would not wear them again until I had earned it in Gracie Jiu-Jitsu. I'm almost at that goal. My next goal will be to work on growing my school, which is far easier to do as a BJJ Black Belt than a Brown Belt. Now to develop a 3 to 5 step plan on how to do this.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Well Done, OSU!!!!

"Challenge is a Dragon with a Gift in its mouth....Tame the Dragon and the Gift is Yours....." Noela Evans (author)

Congratulations on the big step ps1! That's a pair of big steps and the biggest one still to come. Good luck on your planning and preparation for your next step as well as growing your school.

Kisshu fushin, Oni te hotoke kokoro. A demon's hand, a saint's heart. -- Osensei Shoshin Nagamine

Way to go, congrats. I was just thinking about rank yesterday at BJJ class. There is very little subjectivity in BJJ ranks. You prove every-time you roll where you stand. While a purple belt in one school may be a two stripe white in another, usually there is no doubt they are more skilled than lower ranks within their school. Rank differences stand out like a sore thumb where I train and it is truly inspiring to see my instructor at work, who is every bit his belt grade.

Matsubayashi Ryu

CMMACC (Certified Mixed Martial Arts Conditioning Coach)