• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I saw an early, pre-release version of The Bourne Legacy last week. It's not really a martial arts movie, but there are always great fight scenes in Bourne movies, so I thought I'd post here anyway. What I saw wasn't the final version. It was a Neilson screening. They surveyed the audience, and they'll use the info to make editing choices.

This fourth Bourne movie isn't about Bourne! They mention him and others from the first movies a few times, but there are all new characters. I read something about Matt Damon saying he would only do another movie if the old director came back too, but he didn't. Maybe in the future.

The lead is played by Jeremy Renner of The Hurt Locker and Hawkeye from the Avengers. As always, he was great, although I didn't find his character as likable as Jason Bourne. He's... harder... colder. Ed Norton was good, but I don't think this role really took advantage off his acting skills. I thought Rachel Weisz was okay as the female lead. I don't remember anything particularly good nor bad about her performance.

There was a lot of great action (one extraordinary close quarters scene comes to mind), some pretty good comedy, and cool scenic shots, but I thought there were too many over-the-top, unbelievable stunts. I hope they cut some of that out of the final version. The flow felt a little choppy, but again, that might be worked out before the release.

Overall, I enjoyed The Bourne Legacy, but I didn't love it. If I'd paid to see it, I wouldn't have felt cheated, but I might have looked around to see what other movie I could've plunked my ten bucks down on.

John - ASE Martial Arts Supply

https://www.asemartialarts.com

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • 2 months later...

Just so if some people didn't know or would like to know...

The actors for the Bourne series are trained in Krav Maga.

that's the close combat style of the Damon one's ...Not sure for the new one

Knowing others is intelligence, knowing yourself is true wisdom.

Mastering others is strength, mastering yourself is true power.